Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Whatever You Like Video

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

I was looking on Al's site at the track listings for Alpocalypse, when on the DVD version it had Whatever You Like on it. Which means the song is gonna have a video. I'm not sure if it'll be animated and have nothing to do with the original video, or be a live-action parody. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be animated. What do you think?
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Re: [spoiler] Whatever You Like Video

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

Watch it be one of those compilation google picture videos from Youtube! But I actually believe it will be animated. He likes to give his animator friends a nice portfolio opportunity.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

From my understanding it is going to be made by this guy right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQwNnQaf0Y4

Back when WYL first came out, the artist said that he was in talks with Al to actually use the video and/or produce one for him for this album. I wouldn't even be surprised if Al had him touch this one up a bit and change things around a bit.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

quantumerror wrote:From my understanding it is going to be made by this guy right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQwNnQaf0Y4

Back when WYL first came out, the artist said that he was in talks with Al to actually use the video and/or produce one for him for this album. I wouldn't even be surprised if Al had him touch this one up a bit and change things around a bit.
Ugh, I'd rather have NO video than have that one! The quality is not up to par with the rest of Al's videos, and the facial expressions are kinda creepy.

When Al performed WYL in concert, there was an animated video playing on the screens in the background which had references to the song lyrics. That could have been an abridged version of the full video which will appear on the album.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

That what my feelings would have been about Don't Download This Song last time around, but we still got that, didn't we?

But either way, I remember back when Al first tweeted about that video being released, the artist was saying that Al had approached him asking him to animate something for this album. I don't know concrete that would make anything, but either way, it was still something that was said.
And I really don't think the video is that bad, I really got a kick out of it and the artist put a lot of work into it as well.
But for all we know, he could have made a new one just off of the concept, since I'm sure Al likes to have SOME say in what is in his material.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

That video is okay, for a fan-made video. The concept is pretty good, but it does not look professionally made.
On the other hand, the video for DDTS is clearly made by a professional, but the concept sucks.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Good god, make that go away! It looked like those ugly animations they do in Korea to complement news stories that they don't have real footage for.

The difference between that and the little snippet that we saw during the live medley (assuming that it was a part of the video) is like night and day. I would be stunned if that was in fact the same animator.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Okay, was just piping in with what had been said back when the song came out, seeing as this album has had a terrible record of actually keeping up on the spoiler timelines of things that were brought up or shot down.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah that girl was creepy scary. I seem to remember hearing Bermuda did the animation for the live video, but Im not sure Im remembering right
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

A video for this song would be awesome. I do not care who animates it.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?