Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Alpocalypse Chart Watch & Speculation

Post by Teh Dingo »

anthontherun wrote:Well, I think there's one critical fact you're overlooking that could explain the massive sales drop for The Lonely Island (whose last disc sold more than twice as many copies its first week): Andy Samberg is no longer on SNL. That was their top promotional venue and without it, they really don't have any buzz outside of comedy sites. Six songs from the last album aired as digital shorts on SNL; just two from The Wack Album did...and one of those aired (and was released on iTunes) two years ago.

I'm saying this as a Lonely Island fan (though I admittedly didn't buy The Wack Album yet), so it's not like I'm meaning to tear them down or raise Al up. But without the benefit of the SNL exposure, their songs and style just aren't universally appealing enough to get people interested. The very nature of Al's work pretty much guarantees that he won't face the same problem.
That's a great point and one I should be ashamed I missed, seeing as how that was another thing that was being preached when half of WOWAY lost their friggin minds over Lonely Island "ending" Al a couple years ago
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

Alpocalypse has recharted on Amazon. #82

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-musi ... p_ts_m_1#5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

# 80 http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-musi ... p_ts_m_1#4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Does anyone remember how high it charted in Canada?