Bathroom Humor

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Bathroom Humor

Post by Kevbo1987 »

My objection to the toilet humor isn't that I think it's inappropriate or immodest, and I don't think it's a question of whether Al should be a prude. I had no problem with the sexual innuendo in Wanna B Ur Luvr (In fact, I thought it was hilarious). I do think, however, that toilet humor is beneath Al. To me, joking about turds and farts is just completely juvenile, and Al is capable of much better. That sort of humor doesn't resonate with me.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Am I the only one who would gladly trade "bathroom humor" for some subtle, tastefully done sexual innuendo? (see CNR, WBUL, OMM)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

No, you're not.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Kevbo put it best.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Gotta say, I agree with Kevbo as well. It seems on Lynwood he could simply go without it but he sort of forced it into Alpocalypse but really didn't need to. I also think at this point they dont need it and it is below Al at this point in his career.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

You're not a "prude" if you think it's lame to sing songs about turds and cutting the cheese.
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

I like the bathroom humor in If That Isn't Love, not because I think it's funny but because I think it fits with the character in the song.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Whatever fits in the character in the song, it's fine. I do agree generally with Kevbo, though. Overall, bathroom is juvenile and I am not a prude at all.
Is my dude a dweeb?
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Of course it's immature. But the sort of person who would sing If That Isn't Love is immature, so it just fits in the concept well.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

The thing is you're right. The whole joke of that line is how immature and awkward it is to say "turd" at the exact climax of the song. I have to admit I'm less bothered by it every time I listen to it and now do think it's funny. But it's one of those things where it stands out so much when you first hear it, you can't help but think about how immature it is.