Question

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Cat_Barf
Occasional

Post by Cat_Barf »

Ok, take a look at this link to the photo gallery:

http://www.weirdal.com/albmw.htm

Now, can I see a leather interior? Or is it my imagination? It would seem to me that a vegan would get a cloth interior.
Signed,

Cat Barf
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ok, take a look at this link to the photo gallery:

http://www.weirdal.com/albmw.htm

Now, can I see a leather interior? Or is it my imagination? It would seem to me that a vegan would get a cloth interior.

Again... has he said he is vegan? Perhaps the interior is from the endangered Nauga (as in naugaHIDE). Sheesh, give the guy a break!

(My 27th post is defending Al. See, I am a real fan!)
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Again... has he said he is vegan? Perhaps the interior is from the endangered Nauga (as in naugaHIDE). Sheesh, give the guy a break!

Well, let's see. Al's got a BMW Z3. Since it's convertible, it must be a roadster (the coupe isn't convertible). It could be a 2.5i or a 3.0i. I'm not sure which one, and I haven't seen it mentioned.

But, standard on a 2.5i, is

- Leatherette upholstery

- Leather-wrapped M-sport steering wheel, leather gearshift boot, handbrake grip and boot

Optional

- Leather upholstery with matching leather door panel inserts

And on the 3.0i, standard,

- Leather upholstery with matching leather door panel inserts

- Leather-wrapped M-sport steering wheel, leather manual gearshift boot, and handbrake grip and boot

and optional,

-Extended leather interior

I have no idea what "leatherette" is, but it's probably fake leather. Even if it is though, the steering wheel, gearshift boot and handbrake are real leather. I don't know anything about BMW replacement parts, to know if they can be replaced with something similiar and not leather.

All the information above was taken from the BMW website, so if it's inaccurate, blame them, not me!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

Why are we trying to prove that he isn't Vegan?! People always seem to do that (At least to me, anyway). Isn't he just Vegan for health reasons, anyway? So maybe he thinks it's fine to kill animals. You really never know... Anyway...uh...anyway...oh yeah! Can't we just say that he's Vegan and leave it there? We don't have to try to prove he isn't.

Well, that's all I had to say.

*Me

:stupid:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

1 or 2 years ago someone asked Bermuda on AMW-A if Al wore leather or fur. Bermuda's answer was something like "Al doesn't EAT leather or fur."

This leads me to believe Al's choice of diet is more about his own health than anything else.

El
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

1 or 2 years ago someone asked Bermuda on AMW-A if Al wore leather or fur. Bermuda's answer was something like "Al doesn't EAT leather or fur."

This leads me to believe Al's choice of diet is more about his own health than anything else.

El

Exactly! :biggrin: Thank you!

*Me

Cat_Barf
Occasional

Post by Cat_Barf »

Why are we trying to prove that he isn't Vegan?! People always seem to do that (At least to me, anyway). Isn't he just Vegan for health reasons, anyway? So maybe he thinks it's fine to kill animals. You really never know... Anyway...uh...anyway...oh yeah! Can't we just say that he's Vegan and leave it there? We don't have to try to prove he isn't.

Well, that's all I had to say.
*Me

Why do you have to prove that he is? I always thought, and you guys said, that a vegan tries to avoid all animal products. My original question still is: were did he say he was a vegan?
Signed,

Cat Barf
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Why are we trying to prove that he isn't Vegan?! ...Can't we just say that he's Vegan and leave it there?

My point earlier, is that it seems that some are trying to find an inconsistency in what a person (in this case AL!) says and does... which is unfair, because as far as anything I have seen/heard/read officially, he doesn't say he's vegan. I just think he ought to be able to speak for himself, that's all. One more good reason for our boy to stay away from political commentary. :bomb:
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

Why are we trying to prove that he isn't Vegan?! ...Can't we just say that he's Vegan and leave it there?
My point earlier, is that it seems that some are trying to find an inconsistency in what a person (in this case AL!) says and does... which is unfair, because as far as anything I have seen/heard/read officially, he doesn't say he's vegan. I just think he ought to be able to speak for himself, that's all. One more good reason for our boy to stay away from political commentary. :bomb:

Amen.

*Me