Music Production

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jim West, Weird Al's guitar player!

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Jim,
First off, on behalf of everyone at WOWAY, thank you very much for agreeing to answer our questions. :bigups: We really appreciate it.

The biography on your website mentions that you've produced for several artists but only names one of them. Could you give us a complete list of all the CDs you've produced? And have you ever considered producing for Al?
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snoodle

Post by snoodle »

I've done a lot of music production over the years for many independent artists. I'm not sure how much of this ever ended up on CD's...
My first real production was for 60's comedian, Bill Dana and Rhino Records,entitled "Jose can You See?". I co-produced a CD for an artist named Cynthia Clawson years ago-can't remember the title.
I also produced Lily Wilson's second CD, "Lily Wilson". I believe it's available at www.lilywilson.com.
I'm currently wrapping up a CD for Kapo Ku, a new Hawaiian artist and might start on another "islandy" project with Norman Compton,a part-Samoan artist who happens to be The Rock's stunt double.
Al produces his CD's and he's got all the chops needed. We all offer our help in different ways during the recording process.
Cheers,

Jim
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

snoodle @ Jul 21 2005, 11:33 AM wrote: I also produced Lily Wilson's second CD, "Lily Wilson". I believe it's available at www.lilywilson.com.

[EDIT: Yes, I really meant to reference the quote BELOW instead of the one above; slap me with a lasagna noodle, why dontcha?? :P ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snoodle @ Jul 21 2005, 11:33 AM wrote: I co-produced a CD for an artist named Cynthia Clawson years ago-can't remember the title.

The CD was entitled "Broken" and is listed on the credits of Jim's website.

Hope that helps.

Doc / another "Jim"
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Uh, Doc, that cd has an artist named Cynthia Clawson listed on it.

Wait, I know what happened. You quoted the wrong statement.

You meant to quote this one:
snoodle wrote: I co-produced a CD for an artist named Cynthia Clawson years ago-can't remember the title.

You know, Doc, you had me:

Confused in Clay Twp.

~Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

snoodle @ Jul 21 2005, 06:33 PM wrote: I co-produced a CD for an artist named Cynthia Clawson years ago-can't remember the title.
Jim said he co-produced an album of Cynthia Clawson...and he forgot the title...maybe thats what Doc's trying to tell us....but then again, Algonacchick may be right, that cd that Doc posted is credited to Cynthia Clawson..not Lily Wilson....oh wait, Algonacchick posted before me... <_<
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater