The Big Ak and Zuie Topic

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

Steve has a new video for the song "Can't Wait Long". (from the Physical Answer CD) It will be posted soon to his MySpace page.

Maria
If you don't expect too much from me you not be let down -The Gin Blossoms
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

That's exciting - thanks for the update, Maria!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

For anyone wondering, the video for Can't Wait Long's up on his MySpace. Pretty simple video, but I liked it.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I liked it too. But how many months have they had that in the works? That wasn't fake snow. I do find myself hoping that was a prop bass, though. Can't imagine Steve risking getting one of his nice ones wet.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ August 15, 2009 04:18 am wrote: I liked it too. But how many months have they had that in the works? That wasn't fake snow. I do find myself hoping that was a prop bass, though. Can't imagine Steve risking getting one of his nice ones wet.
LOL we're thinking on the same lines.. Can't wait long... but long enough for 4 seasons to pass, and yes all that expensive equipment in the snow.. and knowing Steve I'm guessing NOT a prop but a real guitar
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Love the video (and the song is a favorite) - bet it was cold filming the winter shots, brrrr!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

ludovica64 @ August 15, 2009 04:32 am wrote: knowing Steve I'm guessing NOT a prop but a real guitar
Well, maybe not a prop, but perhaps a less valuable guitar than he records or performs with normally?
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Re: The Big Ak and Zuie Topic

This is a bit late notice but if you are in the area....

PMC Blues & Jazz Club on Friday, Nov. 13th 7-10 PM. call 661 242 3788 for tickets

Maria
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Re:

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:
ludovica64 @ August 15, 2009 04:32 am wrote: knowing Steve I'm guessing NOT a prop but a real guitar
Well, maybe not a prop, but perhaps a less valuable guitar than he records or performs with normally?

Late seeing this since I had trouble logging in until this AM...... it was a real Bass.

M-
Eithne
Obsessed

Re: The Big Ak and Zuie Topic

Post by Eithne »

catanddogdoctor wrote:This is a bit late notice but if you are in the area....

PMC Blues & Jazz Club on Friday, Nov. 13th 7-10 PM. call 661 242 3788 for tickets

Maria

logging on for the first time in over a year -- yes, I'm still a huge Al and the band fan - been on twitter, facebook and myspace...

I'm commenting here wondering if anyone in the L.A. area is driving to this gig and wouldn't mind a fellow fan tagging along -- I can help pay for gas :) I'm in San Francisco but can fly into LAX Friday morning/early afternoon. thanks in advance!!