"Al's Band" Song Discussion Thread

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I have a friend who had his album released on CD Baby.
I bought one and it looked almost as high quality as anything you'd get in a store.
My understanding is that you get very cheap distribution yet they take a much higher percentage of the sales. That's why the song is so expensive.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

They take $4 from each physical CD sold, and 9% from digital distribution sales.

And they don't make the CDs for you. They just distribute them. So if you're buying off there, you can get an actually pressed CD or you can get a home burned CD in a slim case, depending on what you bought.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

The physical CD has an insert with a few pictures and the lyrics. The most unprofessional part was that the lyrics had some small typos in them (Als's name being capatalized sometimes but other times not). It is somewhere between a professional cd release and maybe just a step below. If I do not see a scan on here soon I will try to scan mine. I was suprised the CD had a graphic on it rather than being plain.
"Everytime I talk about toasters, the subject of bread pops up"-anonymous
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Big Spoon @ December 02, 2008 01:14 am wrote: Any chance you could scan the artwork, disc so we could see it, Greg?
Normally I would say yes, but I'm sorry to say that my image scanning-and-editing setup is down for a while for a number of increasingly frustrating reasons.

But for those of you who need to know, the disc image is the same "outstanding in their field" group shot as on the cover.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

I understand what the thing is like now, i own a lot of Cds that are almost professional quality, like the tony goldmark CD "Alconoclast" or most of "the great Luke Ski" Cds
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Hey, I suppose I can take a chance here and ask again for a remastered version of "Al's Band" without the instruments doing the melody on top of the vocals. It worked for Ben Folds's fans.

By the way, I can't wait for the next song. Yay!
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

Yay! The new song in almost done! Can't wait to hear it...it features Jim...what a great birthday gift!!!!!!!! :yay:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Yay! Can't wait to hear it.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Looking forward to this as always... :D
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'd love to know how they're hoping to get to Hawaii from this... is there a music festival coming up?
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.