"Al's Band" Song Discussion Thread

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

DonnaNoble @ November 23, 2008 10:13 pm wrote: Either that, or the camra man could keep "accidentally" walking in on them in the shower :think:
*TIVOs it*

:great:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

I STILL didn't download the Mp3, I just bought the physical CD instead, since I'l; have that forever, is anyone else on here buying the CD?
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

I just bought the physical CD instead, since I'l; have that forever,
Forever, or until it breaks. Whichever happens first :P

is anyone else on here buying the CD?

Not me. Else, instead of $1.99, I'd be paying $11.11 for something I'd have to wait 7-30 days to arrive, just so I can put it once in my computer so I can rip it to my iPod. A fragile crystal box and some pictures of Steve's llamas, as awesome as they might be, are really not worth a 460% increase on the price.

As official watching person in charge of watching the CDBaby chart, it is my duty to inform you that the album has dropped to the #2 position on the top sellers pages. :P
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Al's Homeboy
Obsessed

Post by Al's Homeboy »

What is #1?!
BUTTER!
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Something Spanish Guitar
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

I got my physical cd of Als Band in the mail today from cd baby.
As far as the song goes, I thought it was not bad but not quite what I expected either. I would like to see each of the talents highlighted (guitar solos etc) sometime in the future (give them a chance to do something they have always wanted to do musically etc)
"Everytime I talk about toasters, the subject of bread pops up"-anonymous
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

Demented Dustin @ November 29, 2008 02:14 am wrote: I got my physical cd of Als Band in the mail today from cd baby.
As far as the song goes, I thought it was not bad but not quite what I expected either. I would like to see each of the talents highlighted (guitar solos etc) sometime in the future (give them a chance to do something they have always wanted to do musically etc)
what is the thing like? something homemade? or something professionally printed?
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

flusher5 @ December 01, 2008 09:33 pm wrote: what is the thing like? something homemade? or something professionally printed?
Not trying to sound coy, but it's sort of in the middle, like something a local indie label would manufacture.

It comes in a slimcase, and although the four-page insert is professional-looking and the image printed on the disc is nice, there's still a faint "Cafepressy" look to the whole thing.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Any chance you could scan the artwork, disc so we could see it, Greg?
And Peggy
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

I'm just curious if it really matters how "professional" or D.I.Y. the Cd is... I've bought CDs made by the artists themselves as well as mass-produced slick stuff. What matters is the music.

I've read too how they put together short run CDs at CDBaby - they're not making thousands of them so there may be a bit of an "in house" look to them.
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.