Official Rubén Valtierra Discussion Thread

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Kristine
Off The Deep End

Re: ¡viva Rubén Valtierra!

Post by Kristine »

It's available at the merch stand during the tour. We finished the design literally a couple weeks before the tour started, and he had them printed up just in time. I haven't even seen a physical copy yet- all I know is what it looks like on my computer screen :P

Anyone care to tell us what they think of the design?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I will definitely get his CD.
When I was shooting the WOWAY Awards ending with him, he was showing me a lot of tracks in their final stages and demonstrating Logic the same way I showed him Final Cut a few weeks earlier. The music is quite good, and certainly different from a lot of what I listen to otherwise. I think for many that's also the appeal of Jim's other work.

Anyway, why not buy his new DVD instead (or in addition to)?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

I'm not sure it's available at the merch stand now, but you can get a copy directly from the man himself.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:...and this is available where?
It's a good question. One that's not answered on Rubén's webpage, nor his myspace page. For a professional musician, he sure keeps his work secret. <_<
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

For now, you can get all Rubén merch on tour. The current pressings were made specifically to be sold on this summer's tour. Perhaps they will be available online or otherwise in the future. Oh yeah, and don't be surprised if next year there is something new available... :F
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

I wish I had known that Ruben's CD was available at the merch table!

The merch line was pretty long before the concert in NH. My son wanted a t-shirt, but not enough to wait in line. There was nothing at the merch table in the right size for my daughter, so we didn't even bother getting in line. My brother and his family did wait in line, and they missed the polka. If I had known about Ruben's CD, I would have given the $ to my brother and asked him to get one for me! X*

I didn't see Ruben at all during the aftershow meet & greet, but my son saw him for a few seconds. He said that Ruben said "Hi" and asked him "How did you like the show?", then he went into the bus.

After the meet & greet, we stopped by the merch table and tried to buy a t-shirt for my son. They were counting inventory and packing up, but he did get the t-shirt he wanted because they hadn't counted and boxed that style yet. I didn't see any signs advertising Ruben's CD.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

There are signs, but I was told to take a postcard and order online
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

It's not available at the merchandise table. You've gotta track down Rubén to buy a copy. So, yeah, it's not exactly the most efficient way to sell them, but most concerts I've seen Rubén hanging around the merchandise table immediately before and immediately after the concert, so your best bet would be to catch him there.

If you can't find him before the concert, I would recommend telling whoever's running merchandise that night that you really want to buy one and if they see Rubén to let him know you'll be waiting for him at the merchandise table after the concert. This way, if he comes out after the concert, he knows to wait.

Dave
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Oddly enough, my first interaction with Rubén was... a business transaction... I mean, I bought a CD from him. On that note, at the Tulsa, OK show, I believe they actually were selling it at the merch table. I just ended up forgetting to ask and Rubén just ended up handing me one of his last personal copies while I waited out by the bus.

"Okay, I have two more copies of my CD... that I'm SELLING." haha
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Here's our pal Ruben pimpin' his main gal-the Kurzweil(sp?) synth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chNst3TP-pk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is my dude a dweeb?