Do I Creep You Out

Moderator: Moderators

Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Well I never really heard the original version of the song because I hardly listen to any Top 40 or Adult Contemporary stations (most of my radio listening comes from the Modern Rock station). However the interesting thing to note is even though this song was only number one on the Billboard for a week, and only in the Hot 100 for ten weeks, it's been number one on the Canadian single charts for 15 weeks!

Also, a few days ago I had dream where I saw a video for Do I Creep You Out. It featured Al on American Idol dedicating the song to Simon Cowel, and then throughout the performance showing clips of him stalking Simon. :D
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I think the great thing about DICYO (see? I'm coming around! :)) is that I've never heard Hicks' version, but just from Al's parody, I can intimate lots about the original. I really respect that aspect of Al's parodies: you don't need to hear the original to always get the joke, it simply helps to enhance your listening experience.

:)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
WeirdAlFanatic27
Addicted

Post by WeirdAlFanatic27 »

I love this song! And Taylor Hicks must feel honored to be parodied in the short time that he's been an American Idol.

love ALWAYs

~~**~~PrincessBob~~**~~
He became Francine back in 76' and then he joined that cult. I think his name is Mother Shibubu now.
ToasterBoy
Occasional

Post by ToasterBoy »

So...I just got back from the studio where JibJab is animating the video for this song. I WILL NOT post details on it, because I would not do that to Al (much like those in the White & Nerdy video were asked not to). I will say this...This is a funny song. Not one of my favorites from the album, but a good, funny song.

The video makes this song HILARIOUS!!!!!! I got a sneak peek at the animatic (and some of the animated scenes) and it was sooooooooo funny. The video MAKES the song!

This is going to be a classic folks! I laughed out loud at several parts including the little nod to the fans (at least the one in the rough cut I saw)!

The JibJab guys are scheduled to be on Leno tonight. Perhaps they'll talk about it. I'm not sure.

Anyway, get excited, this video is going to be awesome!

Grant
Do You Have Laughter Is A Powerful Weapon Vol. 2?
Newly Remixed Al Song On It! http://funnymusicians.com/
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Sounds great, Grant! I'll be sure to watch Leno tonight to see if they mention it. Thanks for posting, and I completely understand about not revealing anything yet. It'll make it that much sweeter once the video comes out.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Hey Grant, that's cool you got to see the video! But do you know how we're gonna see it? I'm guessing it'll be on Newgrounds.com or something, I dunno. But like I said, that's cool you got to be lucky enough to see the video early!
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I would imagine Al would put it up on his myspace. Just a guess. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Oh yeah, that too. Or YouTube... Probably both, YouTube and MySpace.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

DICYO is one of my favorites on SOL, so I can't wait for this.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on