Close But No Cigar

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Close But No Cigar

Post by Killingsworth »

When Al played this song in Grand Junction this year, he joked that he had written it a lot earlier than 2005/06. In fact, he wrote it so early on in his career that this song was originally supposed to be on In 3-D instead of SOL, but his record label told him no because they weren'the going to let him "have (his) Cake and Eat It, too."
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That is record companies for you. Did not know that fact, thanks!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yankomaniac wrote:That is record companies for you. Did not know that fact, thanks!
Not sure whether you caught the joke or not, but Al wasn't serious. Record label said he couldn't have his "Cake" (the band that it is a style parody of) and "Eat It" (also on the In-3D album) too.

Very clever...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No man I got it. You missed the sarcasm in my post. It was meant to make you think, because they are a joke.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!