Confessions Part III

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I've heard the name, but I wouldn't know him from the guy who cuts my grass. Nor do I think I know any of his songs. Any idea what song might be the parody target? I'm not so optimistic about this one as I am the other three confirmed parodies, but I'll give Al the benefit of the doubt and listen with an open mind. I'm hoping it's not another "Trash Day."*

* = song I've never heard of, by an artist I've never heard of, turned into a song I rarely listen to

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

IMHO, Usher isn't anything special, and I don't think any of his songs are good targets
for a parody, but I'm sure that whichever songs Al chooses to use, he'll make something awesome out of it.
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Usher's hit "Yeah" was one of the biggest songs of last year. I think it is a great choice for parody actually.
Dave, check into that song, which I am almost certain will be what Al is parodying.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Thanks for a song name Jon. I'll request it on my favorite internet radio show. :ph34r:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

TMBJon @ Jul 18 2006, 12:46 PM wrote: Usher's hit "Yeah" was one of the biggest songs of last year. I think it is a great choice for parody actually.
Dave, check into that song, which I am almost certain will be what Al is parodying.
"Yeah" is his only song that i know............
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

TMBJon @ Jul 18 2006, 05:46 AM wrote: Usher's hit "Yeah" was one of the biggest songs of last year.
Jeeze, can't people come up with original titles these days? <_<
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Even I've heard "Yeah!" (although I didn't realize that Usher sang it until recently. . .up until now I knew it existed, but basically just ignored it.)

Good parody target, though.

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Those of you who don't recognize the song Usher "Yeah" I think you'll find yourselves in mrmeadows' position when you finally hear it. You've probably heard the song (at the very least, the msuic is one of the most memorable/catchy tunes in recent memory). I'm very interested in hearing what Al does with this, especially the Ludacris portion.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

I have personally hoped for a parody of Yeah! for some time (since before AL started recording for this album). Also, IMHO, I think AL should actually write a song about himself called Al! Listen to Yeah! It sort of lends itself to a parody about Al and TBITB.
Every 27th customer will get a ball peen hammer FREE!!!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I really don't get the appeal of Usher. But of course working with kids it's impossible not to know who he is. Kids (especially girls) absolutely Usher these days. To me he's pretty mediocre compared to other artists on the hits radio stations, though. I agree that it's almost certain that "Yeah" will be the song parodied.

Now the question is what the heck rhymes with "yeah" that Al could repeat several times and make into a funny chorus? :lol: