Straight Outta Lynwood

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I just thought I'd say it appears that the success of SOL has got people buying his other cds, too. My amazon review for the Greatest Hits cd went from having two helpful votes to 11 since the last time I checked...I thought that was kind of cool.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I just relized something. On Mystery Science Theater 3000, the characters were trapped on the Satellite of Love, often abbreviated SOL. I'm sure that this is just a random coincidense, but just thought I would mention it.
And Peggy
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

Hey guys, I just noticed this not too long ago and I still don't know the answer to it, maybe you guys do..

In the liner notes for SOL, he thanks Nickelback and T-Pain. They weren't parodied and neither of them were in the polka, so why'd he thank them?
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I remember hearing that Nickelback was originally going to be in the polka, but Al didn't like how it sounded, so he took their song out. He still thanked them because they gave him permission. Maybe it was the same case with T-Pain.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Yeah, I knew about the Nickleback story but not T-Pain. Interesting. On a side note, I'd love to hear the Nickleback portion of the polka.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

Man, to hear "I'm In Love With A Stripper" polkafied...would be HILLARIOUS!!! :lol:
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

The past few posts are all really ironic considering one of the songs in the set list.
And Peggy
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

You know, I think that White and Nerdy and Do I Creep You Out were both replacements for You're Pitiful. The album booklet mentions where the various tracks were recorded. Both of those songs were recorded in the same studio, while the other songs were recorded elsewhere (though not all of the other songs were recorded elsewhere).
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

weird user @ Apr 19 2007, 05:01 PM wrote: ... while the other songs were recorded elsewhere (though not all of the other songs were recorded elsewhere).
That may violate the law of non-contradiction. Or something.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Barney Slayer @ Apr 18 2007, 12:13 AM wrote: The past few posts are all really ironic considering one of the songs in the set list.
Why is it ironic? Al reads this board. He obviously just stole the idea from whoever posted it first. We are talking about a guy who just copies other people's songs, after all.

:P