Straight Outta Lynwood

Moderator: Moderators

Friz
Occasional

Post by Friz »

I ordered online for the CD + DVD version, but it gave me the DualDisc.

Luckily though, I can play the DVD side of it. I was worried I couldn't, what with my DVD player being Region 2. But huzzah! So, yay for videos and 9-minute documentaries!

But, now with the news that the album will be released in the UK, I may get another version. I don't like the shape of the DualDisc case. Silly giant curve :(
Friz.

A UK Al Fan. I mainly lurk.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

CatraDhtem @ Oct 25 2006, 01:26 AM wrote: Eww, sorry to hear about that, Dave.
Thanks. I found someone on the Forum who was willing to get me a copy. So I'll get it eventually. It's not a total loss, I was going to have to buy an extra copy sooner or later to include with the WeirdAlStar update, so at least that's out of the way now.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

You know, this is weird. For a CD with parodies as the selling point, I've been listening to the originals WAAAAY more than the parodies. They're really the high points of the album for me.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I totally agree. The originals are far and away better than the parodies this time around. Four of my top five favorites are originals.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I have to agree with that, too. That was actually one of my first thoughts after I listened to the album for the first times. Al absolutely knocked the originals out of the park. The parodies are great, but the originals are a big part of why the album is as good as it is.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
st3v3 is here
Occasional

Post by st3v3 is here »

Faces filled with joy and cheer....

I agree. The originals are pretty good this time. I have to go. I need to go spread some mayonaise on the lawn.

EDIT:

I'm putting myself at risk of having flaiming bricks thrown at me with the following comments...
Also, with Poodle Hat, I hate to say it but I didn't exactly get Bob and Genius in France when I first heard them. Then someone told me about the Bob Dylan and Frank Zappa reason. Well that's nice considering I honestly never listened to their songs. *dodging flaming bricks
I found a little bit of humor in Bob once I saw the video and saw that the whole song is palindromes. Ok, I'm slow.

If this gets into further conversation, I'll move over to the appropriate threads for each song if they've already been created.
Steve the Music Guy & Magic Guy... A Mugician?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Oh, don't worry, especially on Bob. I don't think many people immediately got it was palidromes just by listening to the song. Most people I know had to look at the lyric sheet or something to realize it was a song of palidromes.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

I think you all are right, I thought the originals were much better then the parodies. The only parody I really liked was Trapped in the Drive-Thru. W&N was pretty good, Confessions was ok and the rest were mediocre at best.
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

With Bob, although I already knew it was in palindromes before I heard it, I probably would have got it from "Madam I'm Adam", and "Do geese see god?" or perhaps "ah, Satan sees Natasha", because I like those palindromes.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I must admit that when I first heard "Bob" I had no idea what the hell he was singing about. I thought it was the worst song in the world. I think I figured it out after reading the lyrics in the booklet, though. Otherwise, I would've figured it out thanks to its 'video.'
taste is only something if it is yours.