Don't Download This Song

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I think he'd like to know why you haven't gone to a concert yet or something. Because to answer your previous question, yes, Al does indeed sing the Cellphones song from the Michael Stipe interview. And it's pure awesome. A full band version leads into the live Albuquerque performance.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
this_is_the_life
Regular

Post by this_is_the_life »

Sorry if I ruined the surprise or anything for you, weird user. It's just seemed like pretty much everyone on WOWAY knew ...

But anyway, it's a great song live so if you haven't seen it yet it's really awesome :D
"Whatever! I just don't want any liver!"
Jess
Al Team # 9827
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

"Cellphones" is indeed awesome live. It was really cool to look back and see all of the cellphones in the audience.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I wonder if Micheal Stipe got any royalties or anything from that?
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Well, it hasn't been recorded, but... I can't think of anything funnier than Michael Stipe getting a pittance of a lyric-writer check for "Cellphones" for a random sentence he said in an interview that wasn't even originally an interview with Al. There are just multiple layers of ridiculousness involved in that one.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I've never been to any Weird Al Yankovic concerts. Ever since I've become a fan I have never heard of any concerts that have been held in town.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I obeyed Al. I didn't download that song. Or did I? You know what? Now I can't remember for sure.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

weird user @ Jul 5 2007, 09:11 PM wrote: I've never been to any Weird Al Yankovic concerts. Ever since I've become a fan I have never heard of any concerts that have been held in town.
Us Brits haven’t seen Al and his band in concert neither, but fingers crossed! Hope to see them sometime in the future.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

There is this one line in the song, where Al says "You'll go to jail like Tommy Shore". Now, who is Tommy Shore? I did a wikipedia search and didn't find any pages, and don't feel like checking the many post shere just to see if it has alreayd been answered.

And before anybody asks, no, I didn't live in a cave or under a rock (or in a rock... or even in Iraq :lol: ) back in 2006.

:^)
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:lol: It's Tommy Chong, who was part of Cheech And Chong (who were two comedians.)
And Peggy