Lynstrumentals

Moderator: Moderators

GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Oh, and I've also been doing CBNC lately.

About the Subtitles, they don't work for me either. I usually don't use subtitles for Lynstrumentals, or PHstrumentals either. I prefer looking at the tiny text from the ALbum booklet.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

all I know is the TitDT instrumental is a major snooze-fest :P
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

cody @ Oct 1 2006, 01:50 PM wrote: all I know is the TitDT instrumental is a major snooze-fest :P
Yeah. It sounds great in the background and I really like it in context, but apart from a few good parts, it is very repetative. That's because R. Kelly never intended for it to be listened to on its own.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I was having some subtitle trouble (not on the karaoke versions, the album versions on the DVD side) and I found I had to select for subtitles both on the DVD menu and hit the "subtitle" button on my DVD player remote.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Capt. 'Cane

Post by Capt. 'Cane »

Im Loving The Lynstrumentals
I Made Karaoke Files For W&N, CI, ISY, And CBNC Today. Gonna Try Them Out Tonight
WBUL And WDTAHTM Were Hits At The Bar When PH Came Out.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I can't get the subtitles to work at ALL with the instrumental tracks..when I play the disc on my computer(!)...I figured that was one place they would work, if any, and since I'm at school and my roommates DVD player is a piece of cheap garbage (it almost ruined one of my boyfriend's DVDs) I don't trust it. I've watched the videos upstairs on his, but not the lynstrumentals..although singing along using the booklet seemed to work just fine, since I kinda knew where the words went anyway...:D

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

The subtitles not showing up on computers is a major issue. I too have experienced that problem myself. I don't trust myself with handling my original dualdisc, so I made a seperate DVD and CD to preserve the original copy.

I've tried them on my 2001 Pioneer DVD player that plays DVDs/CDs/CD-Rs/CD-RWs/VCDs and DVD-Rs (as far as I know) and was able to activate the subtitle function on my player.

Personally, I don't really care for this feature since I have rips of the entire instrumental album and plan on making at least two CDs of the instrumentals, called "Lynstrumentally Yours." :9~

I suppose our only solution is to play the DVD (or copy if you made one) on your DVD player if you want subtitles.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

My boyfriend made a copy of the CD, but neither of us have DVD-ripping capabilities at school, so my solution is to use the lovely 24 page color booklet and hope Windows Media Player doesn't freeze (as it's been apt to do lately..:P)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

Well, I tried the karaoke on my laptop, I selected the subtitles option, but still had to use the programs audio option to actually turn on the subtitles. It may just be a matter of syncing the option & the DVD program. :)
Every time I use my brain I get in trouble.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

I know this is sort of old, but I know a quick and painless way to have .mp3's of the Instrumentals of SOL. Simply get DVD Audio Extractor and use the pulldown menu when you click on (LPCM Audio 48000 KHz (2 Ch) on the first track on Title 1 of the DVD side and select (ACM Audio 48000 KHz (2 Ch) and extract the audio and you'll have all the instrumental Mixes easily.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"