Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm getting more and more exited for this ALbum by the day!

:whoot:
And Peggy
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

weird_el @ Sep 2 2006, 09:16 PM wrote: ooh ooh and don't forget the 24-page booklet that'll come with the CD.

sure, it's got nothing to do with DualDisc video, but it will have lots of photos.

:D
I actually hadn't read that far yet..I was too excited about the videos :D

But man, this album's packed!

We learned so much from this Ask Al: The videos, the booklet, the album name, Ed got the smack down laid on him....very informative!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

So there we have it.

Pancreas: Thomas Lee
I'll Sue Ya: Jim Blashfield
Virus Alert: David C. Lovelace
Weasel Stomping Day: Seth Green
Close But No Cigar: John Krisfalusci
Don't Download This Song: Bill Plympton
JibJab: ????? Whoa!

24-page booklet? Yowza! Al's really outdoing himself here!!

And if that's not enough, Weasel Stomping Day will premiere on SEPTEMBER 24!!!
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

This is just a guess, but it's possible that JibJab is doing the CI video... That's what sounds like the most political song on the AL-bum, and JibJab is a political... company, I guess.
Begone, foul beast!
nedseagoon
Occasional

Post by nedseagoon »

I'll bet you're right. Also, Canadian Idiot is short and upbeat, which helps. I can't imagine JibJab's style working on the Usher parody, for instance.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Quite awesome indeed. Though I'm not completely certain whether or not Thomas Lee is doing Pancreas, or if he's doing I'll Sue Ya, just because of the weird posibilty that the tracklisting order COULD have changed since they made that post on Newgrounds.

The thing I find most interesting was the fact that I had kept speculating that Al might have gotten JibJab to do the sixth video, and in some ways I was right. Also I wouldn't be surpised if they end up doing "Canadian Idiot".

I had also been hoping that the folks at Shynola were going to be a doing video, but I guess I was wrong with that.

Oh, and in case you're curious, here's some of Jim Blashfield's videos
Talking Heads - And She Was
Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone
Paul Simon - Boy in the Bubble
Tears for Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I'm really excited about the Jim Blashfield video, regardless of what song it actually is!

"Leave Me Alone" is one of my favorite of Jackson's videos. I've seen the others before but it's been a long time.

Something interesting to note is that all four of those that Marko posted included animation of the artists singing the song at least for part of the videos. I wonder if the video for "I'll Sue Ya" (assuming that's the one it's for) will have Al in it at all?

The Bill Plympton video didn't have any Al, even though his Kanye West video DID include Kanye. And Al said in the "Ask Al" that he didn't give the artists much direction, so I'm guessing he's not in the video, but I really hope he is.
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

I am so, so, SO hyped for this album! 24 pages-- HOLY CRAP. O: I cannot WAIT for that!

Oh man, this album's gonna rock.
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
MaleHeffer
Addicted
Location: In The Middle Of Missouri, which hasn't had an AL sighting since 1992

Post by MaleHeffer »

(to the tune of Tomorrow from Annie!) SEPTEMBER 26 IS ONLY 23 DAYS...A.....WAY!!!!!!!!! :whoot: :whoot:
"MaleHeffer"
AL Team #1227

Still depressed i missed this last tour...
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This album just keeps getting better and better! I'm glad to find out who the 6th director is, and I'm sure he'll do a great job. I think it's awesome that we'll get the premiere of "Weasel Stomping Day" on September 24th, even though I might not watch it because I've already heard 2 songs from the album and I want to save the rest for the 26th.

As for JibJab, I agree that CI is the most likely one for them to do. It would seem to fit the best on their site. I really think this album is going to be an underground phenomenon. Robot Chicken and JibJab both have sort of a cult following (at least at my college), so I think Al's album could really take off.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.