Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Guys, we already know Seth Mcfarlane is doing an Al video.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

iisryan27 @ Aug 18 2006, 07:18 AM wrote: Guys, we already know Seth Mcfarlane is doing an Al video.
Seth Green, not Seth McFarlane.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

NNY273000 @ Aug 17 2006, 03:57 PM wrote: Maybe I'm being silly by saying this, but I can't picture Al working with Seth Mcfarlane because he's close friends with Matt Groening, and Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Those three all hate Family Guy with a passion so I'd expect Al to agree.
Matt and Trey don't hate Family Guy, they just hate being compared to it.

But it'd be REALLY awesome if they did a video for Al. Although I'm sure if they were, something would've leaked out by now (unless Al ordered them to not say anything about it.) But Matt and Trey are usually always keeping the fans up to date with what they're doing. Not saying it's impossible though... we know that they're friends with Al and everything...

Seth Mcfarline and Matt Groening are both likely, since both of them have worked with Al in the past.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

First off, somebody as big as Matt Groening would deffinately have been known by now. I mean, it takes about a million dollers per episode of the simpsons, and it takes a long time to make them. Now I know that a three minute long animated short not featuring the likenesses and voices of the simpsons would be a completley different thing from a full length episode, but that would require matt groening to create something else entirely just for al...something that doesnt seem like he would have a ton of time to do whilst overseeing the simpsons movie.

The preproduction involved in something like that would definitely have given Al enough time to put his name on promo flyers, ala the one we were exposed to a few days ago. I mean, I just really doubt it could be him.

Matt and Trey could also fit, and they have done internet shorts unrelated to south park in the past (you can look them up, but the people from this forum would probably have a heart attack from the content), but again, Matt and Trey are on a hell of a schedule making episodes weekly for comedy central whenever they are in the midst of a season. Im sure sometime within the last couple years they could have squeezed Al into the picture, but Im gonna just guess that if they ever did, Al would have mentioned it somewhere by now.

This is why my last ditch guess for someone big would be the brothers chap, because they have worked with TMBG for a video in the past, and Al most certainly must have been a fan of that. But I really dont think there are any huge names for the last video, unless its purposly being kept secret.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

So....with today's news of the tracklist, we got three originals without videos

Pancreas
I'll Sue You
Virus Alert

Now, if he's too believed, the guy who did Star Wars Gangsta Rap did the video for Pancreas, as it's the second song on the album

So that leaves us with David C. Lovelace and "The Unknown Director" to fight over the last two.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

spacedingo @ Aug 27 2006, 08:39 PM wrote: So that leaves us with David C. Lovelace and "The Unknown Director" to fight over the last two.
*crossing fingers for Mike Judge or Matt and Trey*
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:41 PM wrote: *crossing fingers for Mike Judge or Matt and Trey*
*does the same*
And Peggy
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

And Virus Alert goes to...David C. Lovelace!

So....that leaves I'll Sue You and it's mystery director.

[theory]

I wonder...since I'll Sue You was the oldest rumor, maybe the guy who did the AWBP video is back in play? Maybe by "Haven't heard from Al in a while" he was saying he already did it and hadn't heard from Al after that "while"

[/theory]
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

And the mystery 6th director has been revealed!

On Al's latest MySpace blog (Which'll probably also end up on Ask Al on the mothership), Al gives us all 6 directors. And while he doesn't give the names of the songs (Of course) he does reveal that Jim Blashfield did a video (Meaning I'll Sue You)

you might remember some of the remarkable photo-collage-type videos he did in the '80s ("And She Was" by Talking Heads, "Boy In The Bubble" by Paul Simon, "Leave Me Alone" by Michael Jackson, etc.)

Never saw Boy in the Bubble, but both And She Was and Leave Me Alone were very groundbreaking videos! I like it!

Also, Al revealed that JibJab is working on a parody video...wow! That's 8 so far....and if this album sells really well...I see a ninth (Second live action) :oo
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

ooh ooh and don't forget the 24-page booklet that'll come with the CD.

sure, it's got nothing to do with DualDisc video, but it will have lots of photos.

:D
This means something. This is important.