Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Well Ryan, we wouldn't put anything past you...you go t Bermuda to give out a WOWAY Award...so it's possible :lol:

I still think that there's at least a slight chance that the last video will be animated by Matt and Trey

If a fan did the 6th video, they're incredibly patient not to say anything. So the big name scenario certainly seems likely. Considering who Al is buds with, fans of his and people he's worked with (I throw Mike Judge and the Simpsons people in too) it's definitly possible
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

If it were people high profile who were laying low on purpose, then I'd wager it were the brothers chaps of Homestar Runner fame. But it could really be any of the thought of scenarios.

I just really think that if it were matt and terry, then it would have been printed on that promo
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I was thinking Mike Judge would be a good fit. I've been watching a lot of "Beavis And Butt-head" lately. :P But he's a fan of Al's, so if Al asked, I'm sure he'd be willing to try to work something out.

Other possibilities could be the guy who does "Family Guy" and "American Dad"? Or what about Matt Groening? I think he's friends with Al. Or do you think they'd all be too expensive for Al?

Maybe it's Aron. ;)

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think I'm most interested to find out how the videos will tie in with the artists Al will style parody in each song. Do you think the animated videos might in some way parody imagery seen in those artists' videos?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

Elvis @ Aug 16 2006, 03:49 PM wrote: Other possibilities could be the guy who does "Family Guy" and "American Dad"?
The Robot Chicken people are the Family Guy people.
Begone, foul beast!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

As much as I'd love the 6th animators to be Matt Stone and Trey Parker, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely. I think it would have leaked by now if it were them. But I hope I'm wrong.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It's amazing, fan or big name, it hasn't leaked yet!

I was thinking Mike Judge would be a good fit

He usually stays pretty low profile too. He could be a fit

brothers chap

Hmmm...we did have that especially long Homestar drought early this year....it depends on when the videos were all made. They'd be able to crank a video out faster than Plympton or John K., so it's a possibility! I'd love to see that. Close But No Cigar is going to be in flash though...I wonder if Al's doing different styles for each one....

Other possibilities could be the guy who does "Family Guy" and "American Dad"?

My guess is Seth Macfarlane's too in demand right now....then again, he wasn't too in a year or so ago :P So it fits a timeframe

Aron

Well hey, her art certainly is perfect for it. Has she done any animation?

Two more possibilities: The people behind the shows like Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast (I dunno who it is...they seem to change their name every freakin year), haven't heard much from them lately and they've worked with Al twice now...And Liam Lynch. He's been busy with the Tenacious D movie the last couple years, but from what I've seen the guy's an incredible workaholic (And an incredible geek :P ). Plus, he is in Al's top 24...

Again, none of this could end up meaning a thing. It could end up being a "nobody" (Nobody as in someone we haven't heard of...not nobody in an insulting way) but it does seem odd no one's come forward to say anything.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

well...i think is more possible Matt & Trey than the simpsons, mike judge or family guy!!! Remeber that Matt & Trey knows Al very well....but i'm still not sure about an Al's South park style video....we must wait...
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well Al did interview Seth McFarlane for TWAS, so he has met him. And as for him only being in demand for a year, not quite true. FG and AD both premiered last year, so he was working on them well before that. So him being both a writer and voice on both shows, I dont know that he had the time to do a video, even though he would have other people on it, I still think it would be stretching himself pretty thin, and something would suffer, and seeing as how AD and FG have been very good and successful, Im sure it would be the Al video
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Last edited by CB Johnny on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/