Straight Outta Lynwood Full Album Reviews

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Interesting review. I love I'll Sue Ya, but that's because 1. Al gets to rock out. 2. It's a real jam for Jim. I haven't listened to Trapped in the Closet, but a lot of forum members say that if you listen to a few chapters, you'll get a better understanding/appreciation for Trapped in the Closet, which I also love. I'm gl;ad you got to hear the cd, Bobbi, and watch the features. What do you mean, unmusical? There was plenty of music. hmmm....
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Maybe I'm not saying it right. I've never been in a studio when they're recording, but I know they do all the tracks separately. I guess I expected to actually hear more of the music.

Yeah, I need to track down the originals. I always miss that piece of the whole parody thing on the first listening. And it's a shame because that's where the genius comes in.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

scottidog @ Dec 8 2006, 01:23 AM wrote: Thanks, Akrovak.
:Y

And, actually, your review is pretty similar to mine after my first listen. BUT ... the good news is ... I believe that just about every song on the album does grow on you after a few listens. I appreciate "Pancreas" a lot more now than I did during my first listen .. as well as a couple other songs.

And Patti's right, also ... Trapped in the Drive Thru is a LOT funnier when you've heard the original. It's one of my favorite songs on the album.

Anyway, reading your review made my evening ... thanks for taking the time. And ... :whoot: .
PMFL!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Oh btw, you're close with Pancreas. It's a Brian Wilson tribute. I hear more Beach Boys than anything else. I do understand the Jan and Dean connection, though.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Akrovak @ Dec 7 2006, 11:36 PM wrote: Anyway, reading your review made my evening
Hey, I'm having a New Alness evening. So I have you beat! There's just nothing like a first listen. It's one of the best fan moments.

There's a difference to this album I can't quite put my finger on. It's a good thing, but it has a totally different feel than the others.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

algonacchick @ Dec 7 2006, 11:39 PM wrote: Oh btw, you're close with Pancreas. It's a Brian Wilson tribute. I hear more Beach Boys than anything else. I do understand the Jan and Dean connection, though.
Yeah, I can see that.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm glad you got the album, Bobbi! Trust me, the album gets better and better with each listen.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

White and Nerdy: I like this song. I think its funny and clever in lyrics. I love the video, although the wig isn't all that great. I give this song a 10/10

Pancreas: This took a while to grow on me. I think this is a very catchy tune that will get stuck in your head everytime. Its a great Beach boy type song about everyones favorite body part. Its one of my favs. I give it a 10/10

Canadian Idiot: Yeah I was disappointed with this one. I didn't find it all that funny. I don't know why, the jokes just don't make me laugh out loud. I give it a 6/10

I'll Sue Ya: This is a great song. I like it because it makes fun of people who sue over any little thing. Its very funny. I give it a 10/10

Polkarama: I love this polka. Even though I don't think the songs flow together real well. But other than that, its one of my favorite polkas. I give it a 9/10

Virus Alert: I love this song. I like the lyrics and the music. Its funny. I give it a 10/10

Do I Creep You Out: At first I didn't like this song. Then I saw the Jib Jab video and love it. Its twisted and weird but great. I give it a 10/10

Confessions Part III: Great parody I like it. I give it a 10/10

Weasle Stomping Day: Its uh... ok. I don't like the video, and the song has catchy music. I don't know, its not that great I don't think. I give it a 5/10

Close but no Cigar: Its ok. I give it a 7/10.

Trapped in the Drive Thru:Its pretty funny. I give it a 8/10

Don't Download This song:I'm not crazy about this one at all. I give a 5/10

The Extras: Get a 8/10. I loved the studio stuff, but I'm not crazy about the animated videos. The only one I really like is Pancreas
Al team # 2836
whiteandnerdy
Regular

Post by whiteandnerdy »

White And Nerdy: Great song, probably the best on the album. Classic Al 10/10

Pancreas: Not laugh out loud funny, but very catchy and amusing 9/10

Canadian Idiot: I liked this song, but it just wasen't as funny as most of the other ones 8/10

I'll Sue Ya: Great, funny song 10/10

Polkarama: The Drop It Like It's Hot, Candyshop, and Don't Cha parts were hillarious, but the rest was just OK still 9/10

Virus Alert: Probably my second farorite song on the album, 10/10

Confessions Part III: Funny, but doesn't measure up to some of the other songs 9/10

Weasle Stomping Day: A great song, it makes me smile every time I hear it 10/10

Close, But No Cigar: Not the funniest, but it's catchy as heck 10/10

Do I Creep You Out?: It's so creepy, it's charming 10/10

Trapped In The Drive-Thru: Great song, but gets annoying after the 27th time 9/10

Don't Download This Song: I like this song a lot more than most of the people on this board, but I'll admit it wasen't the best 9/10

The videos:

White And Nerdy: Once agan, classic Al 10/10

Don't Download This Song: I like the way the video is animated 10/10

I'll Sue Ya: The video doesn't thrill me, but the song is still great 9/10

Weasle Stomping Day: I think Robot Chicken did good with this video 10/10

Virus Alert: Pretty much the same deal as ISY, just it's a little better 9.5/10

Close, But No Cigar: The animation was good, but some parts truely disturb me 8/10

Pancreas: The video was complete crap, period 2/10

Do I Creep You Out?: I loved the video 10/10
I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is...

I HATE SAUERKRAUT!
Hunky Magoo

Post by Hunky Magoo »

This is his best album since Running w/ Scissors, I was disapointed by Poodle hat. His original songs are the reason i liked Poodle Hat. The reason i diddn't like the parodys is cause i didn't like the original songs. anyway here is the new cd review

This album rules, only one song i skip, the only problem is I can't convert it to my i-pod.
The DVD rules as well, I wish it were 2 discs instead of a two sided disc But its his best album to date