White & Nerdy

Moderator: Moderators

American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

The biggest Rap Record coming out of Texas just got bigger.....

Weird Al Yankovic is completing a new album in which a parody of Chamillionaire's "Ridin will be the first single entitled "White & Nerdy."

I'm sure you're familiar with Al's long and acclaimed (3 Grammys - 9 nominations) history of doing parodies of the biggest artists and hits in music, including Eminem, Nirvana, Madonna, Michael Jackson, U2, Puff Daddy and many others. Chamillionaire's song will now be included among this list of distinguished artists.

The "Ridin" parody will be the lead single. Paradies of R Kelly, Usher and Green Day records will also be on the album. The album release date is Sept. 26. Look out for the Weird Al Yankovic "White and Nerdy" video.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
jake waters
Regular

Post by jake waters »

Where is this article from?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

No offense to you of course, is there a source?

Edit: Woo-hoo, another simultaneous response!
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jake waters
Regular

Post by jake waters »

Inquiring minds like ours want to know!
American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

It's from a bulletin Chamillionaire posted on his official MySpace.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!

We've got a release date, folks!! I'm so excited i'm about to burst!! If this is true, I'll wait another two months.

Is there any info on the mothership?? If so than that's official news there, buddy!
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
jake waters
Regular

Post by jake waters »

Well, I guess I have no reason to doubt the validity of this... Next thing on my to-do list: Figure out who Chamillionaire is.
I didn't think I was that out of the loop.

--EDIT-- Heard the original. Should make a great parody! Can't wait!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

There are enough grammatical and spelling errors in that to make me really question the validity of that posting. And how would Chamillionaire (is that really his name? :lol: ) know the other artists parodied? Plus, doesn't Al usually request that the artists don't reveal that they're the subject of a parody? You know, there are plenty of copycats on MySpace who steal other peoples' identities. This could very well be one of those. This sounds really fishy to me.

Having said that, there are some elements of it that seem authentic. The title is certainly Al-esque. And "Ridin'" is one of the most overplayed song on the radio. Also, September 26th seems like an attempt to get the release date as close as possible to a 27.

Do you have a link to the MySpace page?
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Yes, please show us a link. I'm just as curious as everyone here. If this is true, I'll be rejoicing. If not, I'll be very angry.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

The original song can be heard on Chamillionaire's MySpace page (one quick FYI: it has some language in it):

www.myspace.com/chamillionaire

It's really not half bad, and one can definitely see the parody potential. If this is in fact true, it's almost like Al is purposefully picking rap songs to test his limit on writing and singing rapid-fire lyrics.

And, ahem, this song has been a huge hit. Just sayin'....
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;