Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

You can't spell 'crap' without 'rap.'
taste is only something if it is yours.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Well @ Well, Well,Dec 9 2006, 09:16 AM wrote: Nobody listens to rock music anymore.
The majority of the board doesn't like rap music, but White & Nerdy is most everyone's favorite track on SOL :rolleyes: It's not that black and white. It is true that I don't like rock music, but I don't like the song mostly because it is just not funny, and it lacks real meaning and musical value.
You can't spell 'crap' without 'rap.'
:rolleyes: Clever.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

I like Canadian Idiot. But I'm a Green Day fan... So eh.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It's funny, but in a been there, done that way. And it's honestly one of the worst done parodies musically (No offense to TBITB because it's a great pop punk song overall) but it just doesn't sound like Green Day in sxome parts...unless maybe it's a bad Green Day cover band in New Jersey.

And if this news is true, I just hope it was always a planned single. I think it would be a mistake to have an idea based on fluke chart success.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

This is interesting. It seems like the W&N fan-made video thing. But they said that it was for Al's "real video." But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll even be in it.

It's interesting also that this hasn't been mentioned on Al's MySpace or on the Mothership.

So, he only needs to do THREE more videos after this one to have a video for the whole album. The Polkarama video is easy enough to throw together. I wonder if Al actually will do the other two and release all 12 on a DVD. That would be amazing!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I wouldn't mind if it were a compilation of nothing but amateur video footage of various Canadian Idiots. If Al works himself into it somehow, that would be great, but not necessary.
This means something. This is important.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Al could have some clips of Terrance and Phillip from South Park in there.
And Peggy
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Barney Slayer @ Dec 9 2006, 02:22 PM wrote: Al could have some clips of Terrance and Phillip from South Park in there.
YES. WIN.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Hmm...It's cool that Al's doing a video for CI. Honestly, I've thought that the song had great potential for a video since the first time I heard it. I'm sure it will end up being cool, and I'll be very interested to see how he ends up using the fan clips in the video. My guess is that he won't be able to use more than one or two of them. After all, the song isn't very long. I can't wait to see what Al does with this.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Insane Ian
Occasional

Post by Insane Ian »

Y'know what sucks? The contest for the fan made clips is only open to residents of Canada! Argh!

Well, that won't stop me from doing my clip, but i'll be resigned to sticking to YouTube rather than getting a shot in Al's version.

And even if Al isn't doing a video for each song on the album, at least *I* am (yes, even TITDT)

I *was* planning on doing "Confessions" next, but I may have to jump the gun on my CI production...

-Insane Ian