Pancreas

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Actually, Helen is right:

The law was published in Newton's famous work, the Principia ("Mathematical Principles of Natural Knowledge") in 1687. It states that every particle in the universe exerts a force on every other particle along the line joining their centers. The magnitude of the force is directly proportional to the product of the masses of the two particles, and inversely proportional to the square of the distances between them.

I think Al edited for maximum lyric flow in the song. I am ashamed to admit I did not catch the reference at first, as science was one of my worst subjects in school. It took Ms. Diva posting about it back when SOL first came out for me to get it.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Al's all about the scansion. If they use "Pancreas" in any physics textbooks, I'm sure somebody will include an appropriate footnote (or pancreasnote).
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

I played Pancreas for my biology class! *raises hand*
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I wish this song came out two years ago, when I had biology class... my teacher would have definitely let me play it.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

HEY I played Pancreas for MY science class... My teacher liked it SO much, she burned a copy, than the next day sang "Canadian idiot" to the class... It was... Interesting....
Oh snap!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Still the best song on SOL. Just saying.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I hope my bio class has a unit on the pancreas this year. I could bring this song in and wouldn't have to study that hard for a test.
And Peggy
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Pancreas is an amazing song on so many levels. It is no wonder it is my favorite song on the album.
On the surface, Pancreas may be seen as merely a cheery, odd little song about a usually obscure topic. A cute song about an under-appreciated organ.
But it's so much more than that. The song has soul. Meaning. Stronger than any other song ever before. It's enough to bring tears to my eyes. But I may be getting a bit ahead of myself.
This man has such a love for his pancreas. A passion. A passion that burns brighter than a million suns. It's creepy and beautiful at the same time. This man, whom we shall call Bob, recognizes the importance of this lovely organ. Without his pancreas, Bob would die. He's always thinking about his pancreas, because he knows that it's there for him, always, whenever he needs it. It will never desert him, never abandon him when he needs it the most. The pancreas never complains. It just sits and does its duty. Never wavering. Without faltering. How can this NOT bring joy to Bob? It compels him to sing! My pancreas!!!!! It's beautiful.
But he also knows that his pancreas isn't the only one in the universe. All pancrei do the same thing. They never ask for anything in return. They just mind their own business, giving their love to the rest of the body in which they serve.
And then "Flow pancreatic juice"... that part conveys such powerful imagery. That life-bearing fluid that the pancreas was created to create! Lipase, amylase and trypsin... they're going to help with my digestion...... Wow. The way Bob sings this part... it's very touching. And what can be more important than the organ that helps us with our food.... food, which we eat in order to keep ourselves alive. Who does all the work? The pancreas, that's who. Doesn't get enough respect, and Bob is here to right that wrong. Can't you see he loves his pancreas?!? Golly gee, he loves his pancreas.

It's a touching story of love, devotion, and unwavering support. And the music itself adds to it. The magic... the mood.. the sense of purpose.... You can FEEL what Bob feels, through the music alone. When you add the words, it really is enough to bring tears to my eyes, as I mentioned earlier. Never before has there been a song so touching, so moving... It really awakens your previously neglected love for the most important organ in our body.
I highly doubt we will ever be taught a lesson as valuable as the one Bob has taught us.
Silence will fall.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:lol:

Nice, Stephen.
And Peggy
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Bravo, Stephen, bravo!

:clap:

This song has truly touched you in a way that, well, is kinda scary, but your overanalysis was brilliant! My life is now richer since I read your post about a much needed, vital organ like the pancreas, and the song we all love about it!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325