video predictions

Moderator: Moderators

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

the cost of that would be WAAAY too high.....and I don't think he wants to open a can of political worms (even though true Al OR Zappa fans know better)

Sarah
Anthony1791

Post by Anthony1791 »

I'm hoping for Complicated Song. The more I hear Couch Potato the more I wish that Eminem took himself less seriously and let Al to the video.

If he does an original, I hope he chooses IWBYL. I know people don't like that song as much as his others, but I think it's his third best original on the album (behind GIF and HWS -- and believe me, I _love_ the other ones; I think "Bob" is _way_ underrated), and I think it would make the best video of his originals.

I don't think it's Prince but Beck he's primarily mimicking. Many think "Traffic Jam" is Prince. Any similarity to Prince in IWBYL I think can be attributed to the probability that Beck listens to a lot of Prince. The vocal harmonies with subtle octaves, the vocal slurs, the reggae breakdown and the random noises, as well as the fact that Beck is a newer artist makes me think it's mostly Beck he's doing. This could make for a good video.

-Anthony
Anthony1791

Post by Anthony1791 »

I'm hoping for Complicated Song. The more I hear Couch Potato the more I wish that Eminem took himself less seriously and let Al to the video.

If he does an original, I hope he chooses IWBYL. I know people don't like that song as much as his others, but I think it's his third best original on the album (behind GIF and HWS -- and believe me, I _love_ the other ones; I think "Bob" is _way_ underrated), and I think it would make the best video of his originals.

I don't think it's Prince but Beck he's primarily mimicking. Many think "Traffic Jam" is Prince. Any similarity to Prince in IWBYL I think can be attributed to the probability that Beck listens to a lot of Prince. The vocal harmonies with subtle octaves, the vocal slurs, the reggae breakdown and the random noises, as well as the fact that Beck is a newer artist makes me think it's mostly Beck he's doing. This could make for a good video.

-Anthony
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

i just found an update to the FAQ on weirdal.com that addresses the Poodle Hat video question. even tho its no new information, at least this is from a verifiable source:

Is there going to be a music video for Poodle Hat?

It seems very unlikely. As has been widely reported in the media, Al was planning to do a video for “Couch Potato” (his parody of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”). Unfortunately, even though Eminem was okay with Al having the parody on his album, he denied his permission for Al to make a music video for the song. Since Al was already in pre-production on the video and also had to put together his AL-TV special and gear up for a 3-month concert tour, he didn’t have the time to switch gears and do a video for a different song. Al did put together a couple of makeshift videos for AL-TV (including one for the song “Bob” which was a dead-on parody of Dylan’s “Subterranean Homesick Blues” from the Don’t Look Back documentary), but those were low-budget quickies that were intended to be exclusive to the VH1 special. And now that Al is on the road with the Poodle Hat Tour until sometime in September, the prospect of a new music video seems, well, unlikely.