video predictions

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well he could carry it while riding a horse... but that's more of a holiday theme, isn't it?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Well he could carry it while riding a horse... but that's more of a holiday theme, isn't it?

I dunno...would Al do another Christmas video?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I think I could see a video for eBay.

I can definitely see it live too! Since it would be hard for all the band members to dance together at once, but at least Jim, Al, and Steve, Rubén too, doing boyband moves. :lol: At least, two members of the band dancing with Al.

-CindyBob
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I dunno...would Al do another Christmas video?

The Christmas decapitations are especially festive aren't they?
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

yeah we have a few at my house every christmas...nothing speaks better of holiday cheer! :biggrin:

yes I am pulling for E-Bay and A Complicated Song!

Sarah
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

I think Trash Day should be the first video. Even though it is proabably the weakest parody on the album, I think it could make the best video. I mean any rapper who's done a video in a shoe store deserves to get spoofed and I could see Al at one point in the video having his face coverred in band-aids :biggrin:

Ebay would make a good single, sinceit is one of my favorite parodies, but I don't know how well of a video it could have since I have trouble envisioning how you make a video about a website. Also, the Backstreet Boys song is four years old and the video has already been parodied by Blink 182, so there may be a lot of people criticzing Al for being way too late on the boy band craze.

A Complicated Song would probably have a pretty funny video with Al playing guitar and wearing a tie, but might spend too much time telling the story of the song. But then again, Avril's Sk8er Boi video has absoltuely nothing to do with the song's lyrics so you never know wha Al may do.

And another song which has the possibility of making and interesting video, but defiently not a first video, is Bob. Although I think he sort of spoofed his Subterrean Homesick Blues (or a video with a similar concept) in his UHF music video, I think an all otu Bob dylan spoof with him holding signs and weird stuff going on in the backround could be funny.
Hockey

Post by Hockey »

Well, I'm new to this forum but am going to get into this one. As far as the original topic for this....

My bet is that he will do Eday, and the spiderman song.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

How about this:

A video for "A Complicated Song" made up of parodies of various Eminem videos. This would be a cool way for Al to do the video he was planning on for Couch Potato just in a different way. You know that scene from "Without Me" where Em is dressed as Elvis on the toilet? Well, Al could be dressed as Eminem on the toilet for the first chorus of "A Complicated Song." I think this would be hilarious! Eminem would be pissed though! He might cap Al like Old Yeller!

Jeremy
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Yeah but Avril needs to be parodied somehow. However, a small Eminem reference in there would be funny.
pezbalubah

Post by pezbalubah »

It seems if there's no video in production now, there might not be a video made. ALTV is to air in just a few weeks, so they don't have much time. If they don't have one for ALTV they might not make one at all. It seems Viacom (MTV/VH1) is trying to keep Al on the more adult VH1 rather than having Al in the "valuable space" of MTV which they'd rather have occupied by the latest trend pop group and bad reality shows. So being VH1 hardly shows videos anymore, it is unlikely they would even play Al's video enough.