Genius in France

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

No. I've never been French. But I do like their salad dressing.

Oh, never mind... I like Jerry Lewis, ok?
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Jon,

You're a genius...but only in France!

HA!

:biggrin:

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

Post by danthefanman »

Well i know im part French (distant relative okay) because 1)my dad says so and 2) I'm very rude to everybody I don't like.
Dan wuz here
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

He also disses Jerry Lewis in TWAS.....I think it was "Al Plays Hooky." Whichever one it is that he goes to France. "We love the Jerry Lewis...."

~Allison
Pugly Wont
Occasional

Post by Pugly Wont »

I like this song. The general joke of the song could be aimed at the society of the easily ammused, of which I am a member. The music in the song is top notch though.

I don't even know much at all about Frank Zappa, and I love the music in this song. Maybe I should look into this guys music.
danthefanman
Addicted

Post by danthefanman »

I think I might lok into this Zappa music myself. But right now, I think I'm just hoping Al keeps dissing the Frenchies.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm writing this? Really seems kind of stupid that I'm not making any real point.
Dan wuz here
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Put Poodle Hat in your CD player and program it to play track 12 over and over and over again... And you can enjoy Al dissin' the Frogs to you heart's content.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I think I'm just hoping Al keeps dissing the Frenchies.

But....he wasn't dissing the....I mean, it's about how cultures adore.....aw, never mind.

But anyway, up until recently when it took on a whole new and unjustified meaning, making fun of the French was a comedy standby, and Al has done songs about similar cliches in the past (women drivers, mimes, lecturing old-timers, and of course, the Amish).

This was just a mix of unlucky timing and listener ignorance. I hope this doesn't dissuade Al from doing other gentle ethnic jokes in the future, but unfortunately even if he did a song making fun of Atlantis, there would be someone saying, "Hah! He really nailed those fishy water-lovin' creeps!"
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

. . .but unfortunately even if he did a song making fun of Atlantis, there would be someone saying, "Hah! He really nailed those fishy water-lovin' creeps!"

It's worse than that-- they'd be wondering what Al has against people from Atlanta, GA. You know, kind of a companion piece to "A Complicated Song." :P
danthefanman
Addicted

Post by danthefanman »

This was just a mix of unlucky timing and listener ignorance. I hope this doesn't dissuade Al from doing other gentle ethnic jokes in the future, but unfortunately even if he did a song making fun of Atlantis, there would be someone saying, "Hah! He really nailed those fishy water-lovin' creeps!"

Yea, those stupid water loving, wait a miniute, I'm making a Genius in France out of myself.
Dan wuz here