Poodle Hat memorizations?

Moderator: Moderators

Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I've got the whole thing memorized at this point, with the exception of four lines in the middle of "that verse" in HS. I thought a lot of the others (most notably, "Genius In France", "Trash Day" and "Couch Potato") would be difficult, but I've got those down with no problem. Those four little lines, though, have been plaguing me (for the record, they're the lines that begin at "air compressors, brass connectors..." and end at "...Duracells and Energizers").
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

i've got the whole cd memorized except for that list in hardware store. i stopped looking at the lyrics, so it's taken me longer to memorize it. but every time i hear it i get one more word that i didnt get before. i've got the first 3 lines, the last 4 lines, and a couple in the middle
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Why can't anybody memorize Couch Potato? It wasn't hard for me...

I have 3/4 of that verse in Hardware memorized! Wheee!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Memorized: Couch Potato, Trash Day, Party at the Leper Colony, Angry White Boy Polka, A Complicated Song, Ode to a Superhero, and Ebay.

It's always fun to have Party at the Leper Colony memorized before it's released on an album. :D

The rest are mostly memorized but I still slip up a bit.

-CindyBob
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

Totaly memorized:

P@TLC

Angery White Boy Ploka (easiest)

A Complicated Song

WDTAHTM

Genius in France (2nd easiest)

Need some practice:

Couch Potato

Trash Day

Bob

Ebay

Need alot of practice:

Hardware Store (we all know why)

Wanna B Ur Luvr (because I never listen to it)

Ode To A Superhero (never saw the movie so I don't even know what I'm singing)
aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

I have most of Couch Potato down (almost all of the first verse, 2nd verse too, 3rd verse is harder) The choruses are all different, so that's going to be a tough thing to get down.

Ode To A Superhero is completely memorized, I almost got Ebay down. Trash Day is going to be a tough one. I have most of A Complicated Song. I have Party at the Leper Colony subconsiosly memorized.

WDTAHTM is mostly memorized.

I WANT MY ALCON 2K4!!
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

I haven't actively been trying to memorize anything on PH, I've just been listening to it a zillion times as I drive. I've found that I've pretty much got CP, PATLC, and Trash Day down, and can follow along pretty well with Ebay, the polka medley, and GIF. Hardware store.. I've got the regular verses sorta memorized, but That List I just cannot even get. Doesn't help that the insert for my CD w/all the words is lost somewhere in my house. :(

-Shelley
pickledwiener

Post by pickledwiener »

I've memorixed practically everything, but I'm still working on a few parts in GIF, WBUL, and I've got the first ten seconds of the third verse in HS memorized.
TANKgirl
Occasional

Post by TANKgirl »

*sigh* I'm late on the bandwagon, only got the album last Friday -- so that's 4 days of listening. I'm *trying* to learn that verse in HS, but man... I can't think that fast is right!!

Just trying to sing along with the lyrics right in front of me... I'll be doing really well then suddenly one of the items will strike me as particularly interesting (wrecking chisels?), or a series of rhymes is particularly clever, and I get sidetracked by the tiniest of briefest thoughts of being impressed with his skill, or a moment of appreciation of the humour and silliness, and BOOM I'm lost.

I need to use my memorization and learning skills and techniques from my piano... what I tell my students when they're preparing a piece for recital... sigh...

*update* -- I can now at least now get through that section while reading it in front of me. AND I've discovered that it's possible to get through it on ONE BREATH... I thought for sure it was a spliced thing on the recording... it's a good 30 seconds... but if I can do it, surely Al could too.

Frankly, I think they COULD do it live. Maybe Bermuda's been saying they can't, just to build up the surprise when they do pull it off?? *here's hoping*
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

oh my god, you guys!! I DID IT!!! i have conquered the list of appliances in hardware store!! it happened like 5 minutes ago and i just had to get on here and tell everyone. i had to take a breath at the word "wrecking chisels", but in my brain i knew it!! im so proud of myself. i havent even been looking at the lyrics. i just listened to it a billion times. has anyone else got that memorized? i cant be the only one who has.