Hardware Store

Moderator: Moderators

Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I know that on "Audacity" (That quant little sound-edting program) You can change the tempo, which basically changes the pitch and speed. I'm sure whatever recording studio Al worked in had access to this technology a mere four years ago. :)
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

It's possible to speed a sound up without changing the pitch but usually, if you listen really carefully you can here a little robotic effect added to it.

edit: or at least with Adobe Audition...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here's a nice appreciation of one of our favorite songs by a guy in the UK.

And because I love you, I've cherrypicked the good parts (this guy's not much of a fan of parody):
Yankovic is far more than a food-obsessed loon trading on a hackneyed "white nerd" stereotype. His original compositions are, surprisingly, often joyous and chaotic. This song has everything: a stabbing riff, a jauntily danceable chorus and an intro featuring the unmistakable sound of a plytooth saw. Yankovic-as-composer is a deft craftsman fashioning surreal sculptues with a click of his fingers.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
st3v3 is here
Occasional

Post by st3v3 is here »

BigWeirdAlFan @ Aug 6 2007, 10:59 AM wrote: haha!! Has anyone mastered the bridge of this song? I know I have not.
Howdy all!

I know this was a few months ago but I just now read it. You were asking if anyone mastered the bridge yet. At the top of the page you were asking on was someone saying "good job" to Steve... that was referring to Page 14 where a link is posted of me and two friends singing the song on stage.

I've had many comments on youtube and some of them asking how did I do it. I made a statement on there some time ago saying how I was going to film myself singing it and then giving tips on how to sing it. I haven't filmed it yet.

On a side note, on a good day I can sing the bridge and have enough breath left over to sing the next 3 or 4 lines of the song. Very tough though. :blink:

Speeding up the song...
The guy in the middle on my video took the song and slowed it down without changing the pitch. I forgot what program he used though. I need to ask him. It might have been audacity.
Steve the Music Guy & Magic Guy... A Mugician?
savannalynn27
Regular

Post by savannalynn27 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNZokv_KZO8 -- this video was showed to me by kylan and its cool. I thhink that would be like, impossible.
See you cats on the flip-flop,lateeerrrr
Did you know you can shop online?!-Sami
He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I think that's been posted here before, but still it's awesome to see.
And Peggy
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

savanna! why do you keep mentioning me here?
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Maybe because you're both friends who are interested in Al?
And Peggy
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Because she's secretly plotting to destroy you by mentioning your name on this forum. WATCH OUT!!!!!
Oh snap!
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Rumpelstiltskin!
Silence will fall.