"Sequels" on Poodle Hat

Moderator: Moderators

Medemia
Occasional

Post by Medemia »

As far as revisiting old themes, \"Couch Potato\" is more like \"Cable TV\".

I originally thought "Can't Watch This" with "Couch Potato."
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

QUOTE QUOTE

As far as revisiting old themes, \"Couch Potato\" is more like \"Cable TV\".

I originally thought "Can't Watch This" with "Couch Potato."

True, it's alot like it. But the difference is he's obsessed with watching TV in "Couch Potato" even though everything is crap, but in "Can't Watch This" he's obsessed with not watching the TV cause everything is crap. I guess "Couch Potato" is like a little of both mixed up together.

QUOTE QUOTE

......was that trip really necessary?

Any time spent over analyzing Al's music is never a wasted trip. :biggrin:

I'm going to somehow figure out the exact percentage of English/foreign language used in Al's songs. How? I don't know. Not is THAT a necessary trip? I don't think so, but it makes for a good time of...uh...I'm not really sure....
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
Katoot
Occasional

Post by Katoot »

KagayakiWashi wrote:
Medemia wrote:

Oh, that would be easy. Just count the number of words in all of Al's lyrics. Make sure that you also keep track of the number of foreign words. Then divide the number of foreign words by the total number of words. That would be the percentage of foreign words, I believe.

I wish I had that much time on my hands.
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

I'm willing to take up this task! One question, should I count unreleased material or just the 11 studio albums? And what about Food Album, Greatest Hits, etc?
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I think that "Wanna B Ur Lovr" is sort of a prequel to "I Was Only Kidding". It sort of has the right mood and lyrics to be a prequel.

Wanna B Ur Lovr

"I wanna be your lover baby,

I need somebody to love.

You know I just wanna be your lover baby,

Now I need somebody to love."

I Was Only Kidding

"I was only kidding baby,

I can't beleive you fell for that!

(You're so gullible...)"

Maybe if someone listened to "Wanna B Ur Lovr" first then to "I Was Only Kidding", they might understand my point... :)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'm going to somehow figure out the exact percentage of English/foreign language used in Al's songs. How? I don't know. Not is THAT a necessary trip? I don't think so, but it makes for a good time of...uh...I'm not really sure....

It wouldn't be that hard. I think someone (Jeff Morris?) has a downloadable file of all Al's lyrics. Load that into a word processing program, do a word count, then delete all the non-English (or copy them to a different file in case you later want to calculate the foreign languages separately). Do another word count, and do the math. Voila! I don't know whether the lyric file has the polka words, though, and that matters, because of 99 Luftballoons. And YOU can decide what language the words to Polkamon are! :crazy:
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

You don't consider "Snorlax" a real word? - That just happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon. I used to be into it, now there's only a select few I like. It's almost like this guy in my avatar. I don't know WHAT the heck it is, I just think it's a cool character.
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
Katoot
Occasional

Post by Katoot »

I would consider the Pokemon names as English, because many, but not all, have different names in Japanese, to help the American kids out somehow. For instance, in America, there is a psychic one called Abra (with psychic powers kinda being magical, and its evolved form is Kadabra), but in Japan, its name is Keishi (which I love, considering its pretty much pronounced like my name, Casey)

Katoot

(lived in Japan for about a year as an exchange student, and I'm going back in five weeks) :bigups:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I thought of Couch Potato as the guy from Jerry Springer changed the channel. He hates it, but he watches it all day.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

I thought of Couch Potato as the guy from Jerry Springer changed the channel. He hates it, but he watches it all day.

OMG!!! that is HILARYoUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! no sarcasm here cuz thats funny!! ... changed the channel!!!!