"Sequels" on Poodle Hat

Moderator: Moderators

Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

I think "Couch Potato" and "I Can't Watch This" are the sequals. Both are raps about a guy who seams to hate reality TV (American Idol, America's Funniest Home Videos) and a lot of the other stuff on TV (King of Queens, Cosby Show, Rosanne, Opera). Both songs refer to the stuff on TV as basicly junk. I found it funny that both songs had the same concept...expect it seems the "Couch Patato" doesn't like all of it, but still watches it....while the other guy "can't watch this".
?
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I've never associated Wanna B Ur Lovr with Such a Groovy Guy mainly because in Such a Groovy Guy he gives credit to himself and how awesome he is and in Wanna B Ur Lovr...I guess he does do that a little but it's mostly reflecting on his woman-in-question's....noticably good qualities ;) ...

I think Wanna B Ur Lovr is more like Melanie but that's just me. And one more thing. It's not fair to call Couch Potato a squal to Syndicated Inc. because Al's made tons of TV songs.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

whoops already said that... :stupid:
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sanny
Occasional

Post by Sanny »

I did.
~
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Is it just me or are Syndicated Inc and Couch Potato very very similar?? i dont mean in style but choice of lyrics. Both about tv shows.

Same with Talk Soup and Jerry Springer??

I promise i did do a search in the topic finder to make sure this hadnt been done before.
Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

It has been done before: forum/index.php?showtopic=2890

Sorry, but this looks like it will be locked.
?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The biggest difference between CP and SI is that there are actually some jokes in "Couch Potato," whereas "Syndicated Inc." is simply a list of TV shows set to music - very lazy on Al's part, I hate to say.
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Thats okay. My topics always end up getting locked :(
Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

I think "Couch Potato" and "I Can't Watch This" are more similar than "Couch Potato" and "Syndicated Inc". Both are raps about a guy who seams to hate reality TV (American Idol, America's Funniest Home Videos) and a lot of the other stuff on TV (King of Queens, Cosby Show, Rosanne, Opera). Both songs refer to the stuff on TV as basicly junk. I found it funny that both songs had the same concept...expect it seems the "Couch Patato" doesn't like all of it, but still watches it....while the other guy "can't watch this".

Bruce, remember with syndicated inc, Al could only change the words to the song, not the music. The original was not very good to begin with, but Al did a great job with it. A dead on parody, and pretty funny too might I add...plus an accordian twist added in too! Come I always chuckle when he sings "boob-tube devotee"
?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Waldo318 @ Feb 25 2004, 09:44 PM wrote: Bruce, remember with syndicated inc, Al could only change the words to the song, not the music.
I never said I didn't like the music. The music isn't the problem with Syndicated Inc. In fact, I actually like the song, "Misery." The problem is that the song just isn't funny at all! There are NO JOKES whatsovever, unless you could the Regis and Kathy Lee part as humorous. It's nothing more than a list of TV shows that are syndicated. That's a really lame idea for a song. I'm sorry, but it's true!