Why Does This Always Happen To Me?

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I would have to think that the 'some devistating earthquake in Peru' line would be abandoned. Or he'll just start playing "Bob" instead.
taste is only something if it is yours.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I don't think Al will change anything. Kurt Cobain shot himself in the head and Al still does SLN. I really like the WDTAHTM/Bob trade-off and I hope Al continues to do it.
This means something. This is important.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

After all, the song's not making fun of earthquakes or dead Peruvians. I think it'll stay in the setlist.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Very true, Helen. He's poking fun at self-centered people who think the world revolves around them. I don't think he'll change anything. We got "Bob" in Detroit. I'm hoping for WDTAHTM in Jackson.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I think it just makes the song more poignant. Not that I think Al ever strives for poignancy, but the message is still there.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I think it'll be interesting to see what Al does. I mean, you can say that he played "Smells Like Nirvana" right after Kurt's death, but that song is one of his top (expected-to-be-played) hits; since "WDTAHTM" has been interchangable with "Bob", I'd think that Al would go in favor of playing "Bob", at least more often than not. The fact that it's more poignant doesn't seem to be a good reason for him to play it, or at least to use that particular line, however inconsequential it may be. The death toll is apparantly rising by the minute.
taste is only something if it is yours.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Hmm, If Al did this song yesterday, I think today will be a "Bob" day, which is fine by me, since both of the other shows I've seen this year were WDTAHTM days.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

I think Al will continue switching off. Al doesn't change his New Jersey line in I'll Sue Ya, just because he's in New Jersey. As stated before, the song doesn't make fun of people dying or getting hurt by an earthquake in Peru, so I doubt he'll change anything.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

This song is one of the greatest.
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

Good song, though the 3rd verse is slightly disturbing.

Heh, heh.. Have to agree with that. :lol: