Poodle Hat (was ALBUM NAME!)

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Fun facts

Post by Elvis »

Not counting the actual release date of Poodle Hat, it will be 1,427 days between AL-bums. (Does this mean I get a listing on the 27 list, Dave?)

Nope. But that's only because the math is wrong. You would have had us waiting almost an extra entire week! The number of days between RWS and PH is 1421.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

While definitely not a parental unit here, but I can say for my parents that they are thankful that I like Al. Both of my parents especially love Al, one of the reasons being is that he's family friendly and he keeps his humor clean.

Not to mention, they're thankful that I don't listen to rap.

My parents have never banned me from watching a particular TV show or some type of music. They know that I don't tend to watch anything horrible. I've been choosing what I watch for a long time. I can't stand anything with too much cursing in it.

I've never been much for the new music of today. Some of it seems too depressing of some. I've always listened to the Oldies station out here and grew up watching The Price is Right and M*A*S*H.

One day both of my parents will see an Al concert with me. :)

-CindyBob

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Fun facts

Post by scottidog »

But that's only because the math is wrong. You would have had us waiting almost an extra entire week! The number of days between RWS and PH is 1421.

Dave

Drat! Can I blame it on CD's original numbers? No? Oh well, math was never my best subject.
sheldon069
Occasional

Re: Censorship Of Al For The Kiddoes?

Post by sheldon069 »

[/quote] So, welcome to our new friend sheldon069, and maybe your dad will someday give Al another chance--he's not so bad, dad![/quote]

Yah hopefully, but hes more into country music, old style country music you know. Like Dwight Yoakam, Merle Hagard and George Jones.No i dont listen to them really(i listen to more rap like Eminem, Icp, Missy Elliot) but he listens to those contry songs so much that even i know the song titles and lyrics. Plus i think he would reject some of his cds just by looking at the covers. (like bad hair day - which i bought today YAY - and dare to be stupid and off the deep end). OOOOOOOHHHH well, i like him thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Yah hopefully, but hes more into country music, old style country music

Play Good Enough For Now or Achey Breaky song for him. I wouldn't suggest playing The Truck Driving Song. :eh: Dad's just not ready for that yet... :crazy:
sheldon069
Occasional

Post by sheldon069 »

Yah hopefully, but hes more into country music, old style country music
Play Good Enough For Now or Achey Breaky song for him. I wouldn't suggest playing The Truck Driving Song. :eh: Dad's just not ready for that yet... :crazy:

Haha no i wouldnt play truck drivin song, LOL. But ya, i thought of playin Good Enough For Now for him, he might like that, maybe.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

i thought of playin Good Enough For Now for him, he might like that, maybe.

I like country music, and GEFN is one of my fave Al songs. It would make a good title track for the Weird Love Songs cheezy compilation album.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

We don't know that yet. "Poodle Hat" could be Barney meets the Telletubbies.
In a duel to the death, perhaps?

A revival of MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch??

"Ladies and gentlemen ... welcome to the match of the century!

"In the red corner, weighing in at 320 pounds, and all of it fluffy stuff, I present to you ... the Prehistoric Purple Pansy ... BARRRRRRRRNEY!!!

"And in the blue corner, those multicolored midgets, the Talkative Toast-Eating Terrors of Television .... the TELLLLLLLETUBBBBIEEEEESSS!!!!

'Aw, gee. I'm afraid you'll need new polygons on your heads when I'm through with you. But you're still special to me!'

'Time For Teletubbies!!' 'Uh-ohhhhh...'

*DING-DING-DING!!*

"Po comes out of the corner, swinging furiously, and he takes a short right jab to Barney's midsection ... and misses! Barney retaliates with ... OH NO!! It's the deadly "I Love You" Hold!!!"

'I love you ... ' [*CRUNCH!*] 'Count to three ...' [*CRUNCH*] '... Just stay down, and I'll let you be ...' [*CRUNNNCH*]

"Oh my!! Po is down, his feet are now touching that ... red ... circle thing on his head. But wait!! He's crawled over to the end of the ring ... and tagged his partner! Tinky-Winky comes charging out, fangs bared!!! OH MY!! He's just decapitated Barney!!! And Noo-Noo the vacuum comes onto the ring to sweep up the remains. It's all over, folks!!!"

"Good fight, good fight."

I'd pay to see that one ...... :biggrin:

Dr. Dad
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think you know just a leetle too much about the teletubbies. :eh:
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I think you know just a leetle too much about the teletubbies. :eh:

Trust me. :satisfied: Those two shows are staples if you have anyone under the age of 4 or 5. You have no choice but to know them... Now that mine are older, they've blessedly outgrown them, and love to make fun of them too [hence why Katherine loves JP's Barney decapitation ...]. Now some of my wife's younger siblings are being subjected to the torture with their young'uns. :lol: But at the time ... just a handful of years ago ... it was on our tube ... and on :dontgetit: ... and ON ... AND ON ........ :crazy:

[But okay, I did cheat a little :lookround: ... I couldn't remember which one of those dang things had a circle on his head. So I checked out the PBS website on them. I figured if I didn't get it right the first time ... SOMEBODY on this board would feel the need to correct it .... :P ]

Doc