Poodle Hat (was ALBUM NAME!)

Moderator: Moderators

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

~hides from Teletubbies~ Bad bad memories.

For some reason my Chem teacher made us watch Teletubbies on the last day of school Sophmore year.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I almost died laughing when I read that. But, as a former subject to watching that show when my sister was little, where's the part where Barney whacks Dipsy's head off and stores it in a bowl of Tubby Custard?

Yes, I'm weird. Very.

I can see Snoop Dogg in the sidelines cheering them on...
Andrew
Occasional

Post by Andrew »

POODLE HAT?!

That has to be the most craziest album name I have ever heard. It sounds so "kid-like" like mustard onions and sponge bob square pants! It seems Al has been dipping his toe into the Pokemon ways of things, but alas, I will see what the album is like when they have some clippits of it on such record companies.

but alas... Poodle Hat? I can't believe such a rediculous idea would've occured. sounds like Eminem's new album is "I love Cats!"

:listen:
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

It's not just crazy... it's weird, you know he is known as "Weird Al" Yankovic. Don't judge a book by it's cover, just from the title doesn't mean all the songs are gonna be about Pokemon and the Telletubies. (Although Al I'm sure could make a song funny with that topic.) Also, you should see what the album is like by buying it on the release date. :onfire: Hehe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

He's already done one Pokemon song. That's enough for any career.

Teletubbies is kind of a scary thought, but not on this album. Maybe the next one, after he and Nina have done a little research together.

And :sarcasm: Al is such a fan of children's television.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

POODLE HAT?!

That has to be the most craziest album name I have ever heard.

Oh, I don't know. It's growing on me. Especially since the reveal of Bela, who is such a cute little dog.

Well, cute for a dog that's not a Scottie. :biggrin:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

~hides from Teletubbies~ Bad bad memories.

For some reason my Chem teacher made us watch Teletubbies on the last day of school Sophmore year.

-CindyBob
:stupid:

thats nothing, senior english we had 90 minute classes and the teacher didnt wantt each for that long so it was teletubbies every day for 4 and a half months! Myfavorite is Po

Mike
sheldon069
Occasional

non findable albums

Post by sheldon069 »

hmm i cant seem to find any of als albums that came out before Even Worse. So basically, his OLDER albums, which are some of the best. In particular, i want In-3D, which is one of my favorites. Do you think AL would mind if i downloaded and burned IN-3D untill i found the original and bought it? Because i REALLY want IN-3d. I bought the tape and copied it and got rid of the original( i dont no why) but i really want the CD. Wat should i do!??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: non findable albums

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE hmm i cant seem to find any of als albums that came out before Even Worse. So basically, his OLDER albums, which are some of the best. In particular, i want In-3D, which is one of my favorites. Do you think AL would mind if i downloaded and burned IN-3D untill i found the original and bought it? Because i REALLY want IN-3d. I bought the tape and copied it and got rid of the original( i dont no why) but i really want the CD. Wat should i do!??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Well, it is available. If you have a store like Sam Goodies around they will order for you. That's how I got Permanent Record, UHF - The Movie, UHF - The Soundtrack, and Polka Party. I'm sure it's also available on Amazon.com. And as I found out you don't have to have a credit card to order from them. Woo! (That's how I finally got WAY Live. I have The Videos rerelease on pre-order!) Most of my WAY stuff I got just by haunting the usual outlets. It seems once you buy one Weird Al that seemed to wake up a computer somewhere and they started getting more in. Nothing quite like the excitement of a successful WAY safari.

As a last resort, there's always EBAY. While it's a legitimate way to purchase stuff, it doesn't do anything for Al if you purchase it used. The up side, is that sometimes you can locate older copies. The later re-releases don't have the liner notes, and as any real fan can tell you, they are almost as important as the music.

You also don't get the pictures that were in the liner notes. And as any Al-Gal can tell you, that's pretty important too... :inlove:
Zac

Post by Zac »

I've read through this entire topic and I'm surprised no one has noticed that guy over Al's left shoulder. I forget his name, but I think he is a friend of Al's. Just thought that was something interesting to point out. And I'm not sure, but could that be Suzanne back there in the sunglasses and straw-looking hat?