ahem... the album's done...

Moderator: Moderators

alfan727
Occasional

poodle hat

Post by alfan727 »

The way I see it the best way to get info and yet still be surprised is look at the official wa.com webpge from time to time, and about a week or 2 before the cd comes out watch the news channels like fox and such. They usually anounce the new weird al cd by listing song names. Also keep an eye on mtv a week or 2 before because weird al always does 1 video from the cds.That is if mtv don't diss him like theydid with his al tv special a few years ago by making him play others people music except his :(

At least I think it was mtv's idea. And lastly,but not least find a website that is beyond our time zone i think al-cholicsanonymous.com is one of them not sure can't remember(on may 19th) and check the website at 9pm or 12am(may 20th next day at midnight) our time, and you will find all kinds of good stuff like lyrics, song names, hidden goodies on the cd. And you won't be spoiling anything or surprises because it will be the day the cd comes out anyway. Then you just have to resist the urge to stay up thinking about the cd till you go the store you pre-oredered it at and untill they open at 10am. The torture,but hey this torture has a good feeling to it lol.
theparodytimes
Occasional

I dont know for sure.............

Post by theparodytimes »

That dosent seem like something al would do............... and seeing as there are home movies and extra things that would normaly be viewed on a computer I doubt that there will be any computer crashing going on due to al's cd

it may be a posibility although unlikly................
uncle_nutsy

Post by uncle_nutsy »

I think it's great Al is enhancing his album with extras...

I highly doubt any commercial made CD would purposely screw up anyone's computer. The exception being that the computer that the CD is put into is screwed up to begin with. Then it's the computer owners problem not the CD. Putting in a CD with both audio tracks and a "data track" is no less detremental to a computer as putting in any other commercially made CD.

We shouldn't worry about it at all...
uncle_nutsy

Post by uncle_nutsy »

Just a thought...

If one dosen't want any spoilers, then the best idea is to stay off of a forum dedicated to that artist. You're bound to see a spoiler almost anywhere here. Even Al has spoilers on his web site. For example, I really wanted to be suprised with what was going to be on the new CD cover, but one day going to weirdal.com it was thrust into my face without asking me whether or not I wanted to see it.

Oh well, I'll live...
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Even Al has spoilers on his web site. For example, I really wanted to be suprised with what was going to be on the new CD cover, but one day going to weirdal.com it was thrust into my face without asking me whether or not I wanted to see it.

If Al wants you to see it, it's not a spoiler. A little extra self-promotion perhaps, but I think that's the point of the site!
alfever
Occasional

Post by alfever »

when is there going to be poodle hat comercials on TV Bermuda?
uncle_nutsy

Post by uncle_nutsy »

If Al wants you to see it, it's not a spoiler.
I was half kidding about the album cover. :satisfied:

My point is that it's a person's point of view what a spoiler is. One should be careful reading topics on a "Weird Al" forum if they don't want to have things from an upcoming album spoiled for them. If I do come across a spoiler on the forum, as I said before, I'll live...

(Just think, in less than a month they won't be spoilers any more!!!) :)
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I don't recall any TV commercials specifically for Al's albums, I'm not sure what promotions - if any - are in the works for this one though.
alfever
Occasional

Post by alfever »

Bermuda I vaguely remember a commercial on TV in Montreal, Canada promoting RWS. I think it had some guy being stabbed with the scissors and bleeding.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

There have been commercials for tours, but not specifically for albums.