My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I love this song! It was so cool seeing it performed live during TWS. It's just such a catchy song! I definitely think Al should consider putting it back in the setlist.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Wardie
Regular

Post by Wardie »

Hmph, after having Scissors playing repeatedly during my GTA Vice City sessions, I can't say I mind it but I usually skip to Rabbi when it comes on. I do listen to it and I actually quite like it, although the accordion sounds different for some reason...

Zydeco?
Yessewha?
WEirdfansince1982

Post by WEirdfansince1982 »

One of my friends fiancee at the time now husband at their couples shower readapted this song to "MY Baby's In Love with Kyle Farnsworth" (Cubs pitcher) because she really likes Kyle.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I've never really cared for My Baby's in Love With Eddie Vedder. It has a few good lines but overall it just doesn't compare to some of his other songs, creativity wise.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Zydeco

Hope that helps!

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

WEirdfansince1982 @ Mar 21 2004, 09:05 AM wrote: One of my friends fiancee at the time now husband at their couples shower readapted this song to "MY Baby's In Love with Kyle Farnsworth" (Cubs pitcher) because she really likes Kyle.

Great minds think alike? hehe

A few years ago I was working on a parody of this song. I changed "My Baby's In Love With Eddy Vedder" from a male version to a female version called "My Baby's In Love With Betty Rubble" (included would be a clip of Al from a '99 MuchMusic show where he talks about Betty Rubble) *silly giggle*
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

WEirdfansince1982 @ Mar 21 2004, 09:05 AM wrote: One of my friends fiancee at the time now husband at their couples shower readapted this song to "MY Baby's In Love with Kyle Farnsworth" (Cubs pitcher) because she really likes Kyle.
:lol:

Must not have been a very long adaptation though, because finding rhymes for "Farnsworth" would be extremely tricky.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I love My baby's in love with Eddie Vedder. It has a very catchy melody, and the lyrics are great! And when he throws Alanis Morissette in there, it's awsome!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

algonacchick @ Mar 21 2004, 07:14 AM wrote: Zydeco

Hope that helps!

Patti
Okay that helps. Thanks Patti!
In hiding since 2010
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I just wanted to say I really like this song (the instrumentals are jamming, and the performance on the Live DVD is awesome).

Plus ... Eddie Vedder was at Safeco field this evening, taking batting practice with the Seattle Mariners!

(he didn't look disgruntled or generation X-y, either ... wasn't wearing flannel, but was decked out in an M's jersey)
PMFL!