Grapefruit Diet

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've always really enjoyed this song. It is a like Fat in a lot of ways, but it has a bit of it's own thing too. It's always brought a smile to my face. I think it does a good job of imitating the sound of the original.
And Peggy
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

I like the song too. It seemed like a continuation to Fat for me because he talks about how he's huge and how he has to loose weight. Its one those songs that you can't help but love.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

The lyrics to this song are great, but I never really liked "Zoot Suit Riot" and the swing music genre.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I really like this song. Great parody, fun song, clever lyrics. All around ton of fun to listen to!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I love swing, and I love this song! Makes me wanna dance every time!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This is a great song! It definitely captures the feel of the original, and the lyrics are hilarious! "But I need a boomerang when I put on my belt." :lol:
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I always felt like this was one the few "filler" songs on RWS, along with The Weird Al Show Theme and Germs. Not bad by any means, but they just seem like they're taking up space between the really good songs.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I agree it seemed kind of filler-ish, but I do love that "boomerang" line. :lol:
taste is only something if it is yours.
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

Come on! A filler, with that much attention to music replication.
Yes I agree that WAS theme was probably a filler, but for those who hadn't seen the show it was great, but Germs is still good & I love Grapefruit diet.

You don't have to like it but I think calling it a filler is a bit harsh. sorry.

I love the music & the hilarious lyrics, I usually visualise a relative of mine when I play this song (quite often) even puting her name in the second line. I also play it far too loud, it always makes me laugh & want to dance - which can be a problem when you're driving!

I don't know why RWS is considered a less credible or less worthy ALbum. It has 3 of my top 10 favourites (Grapefruit diet, Truck drivin' song & Albuquerque ) & most of the others are good to great, the only one I'm not keen on is My baby's in love with Eddie Vedder - just because I'm not keen on Pearl jam, but still clever none the less.

Anyway that's just my opinion. :D
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I don't think RWS is considered to be a less worthy album in any way. As a matter of fact, it's the favorite album of many of the members here. It also went platinum, so it's definitely not less worthy sales-wise.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.