Since You've Been Gone

Moderator: Moderators

lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

This is one of my favorite songs for many a reason. but can anyone write out the background part after the cactus thing? that is my favorite part of the song and I am not sure what it says
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yap yap ditty bow bop bop dibby doom bobby dow bobby dim dibby bow bobba dow

...that's as close as I could get. o.O
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CurlyFries
Addicted

Post by CurlyFries »

Its my favoitre song for the time being.. so i'll give it a shot

yap yap dibby dow bop bop dooba doom bobba dowm bobba doom bawbba dowm

i think thats spelled right :lol: any way, thats what it sounds like
yo
Die-hard Fan

Post by yo »

The Weird Al Anthology has a complete lyrical layout... I'll go dig it out...
?
yo
Die-hard Fan

Post by yo »

Yap yap di bi daoo bop bop doo ba doom da pa down ba pa dim bu pa down.
?
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Off Topic: I think Barbershop A-Cappella's are interesting, I recorded a barbershop A-Cappella version of an earlier parody I recorded and it sounds like six of me singing in one room, the end result was facinating! On Topic: As for that part of the song, I never thought it was written like that. I guess it's better to read the lyrics sheets to find out how misheard lyrics really go.
Yap yap di bi daoo bop bop doo ba doom da pa down ba pa dim bu pa
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

yo @ Jan 31 2004, 02:52 PM wrote: The Weird Al Anthology has a complete lyrical layout... I'll go dig it out...
o_O Can you type up the entire song???
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

Can't you guys just get the lyrics off of Yankovic.org?
¿
yo
Die-hard Fan

Post by yo »

Well, if you'd really like me to...

You can get the lead vocal elsewhere, so I'll start with the background vocals.

Bkgd. Vocals: Since you've been gone. Chewing on, on tin foil. Since you've been gone. Mouthful cod liver oil. Ah. Ooh.Been in a buttload of pain. Well, since you've been gone. Since you've been gone. Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop. Since you've been gone. Bop bop bop bop. Cactus up my nose. Since you've been gone. Tetanus shots ev'ry day. Since you've been gone. Ice cream headache won't go away. Ah. Ooh. Almost as bad as I did, you were still here. (Ooh wee ooh.)

[gasp] That looks really stupid typed up, I know. It helps a lot if you have the karaoke version of the song on the Gump CD single when you're trying to hear it. Bass vocal coming soon!
?
yo
Die-hard Fan

Post by yo »

Bass vocal: Baowmp daoo ba de dn nairoop baown da do bn daoop daoon ba de dn on tin foil. Baowmp daoo ba de dn nairoop ba da doom ba da doom ba di dn daoop daoom ba de dn cod liver oil. Daow baoom ba de bu daoo ba da doom da de dn now ba da daoo ba da do bi di yi bow. Been in a buttload of pain. Yeah. Daoop, well, since you've been gone. Since you've been gone. Bop bop ba daoom ba do do ba da bome boip bop ba daoom. Since you've been gone. Bop bop ba daoom ba deb a red hot cactus up my nose. Yap yap di bi daoo bop bop doo ba doom da pa down ba pa dim bu pa down ba pa. Dowmp Daoo ba de dn nairoop baown ba de dn daoop baoo da de dn shot ev'ry day. Baoom daoo ba de dn deoo ba da doom ba de dn dow heyoom ba de dn won't go away. Bown daoom ba da dn naoop bi di doom da ta now ba doh ba da do bi di yi bow. Almost as bad as I did, you were still here.

It's pretty psycho. Words like nairoop and heyoom are done on one syllable. Again, helps to have that karaoke version.
?