The Night Santa Went Crazy

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Big Spoon @ October 13, 2009 05:35 pm wrote: Does anyone know why the Extra Gory version wasn't released on Bad Hair Day? Was it an idea that Al had after recording the original version of the song, did Al's record company censor him on his original lyrics, or something else?
The label thought it was too violent, so he redid it. It was later released as a bonus on the AP single.
just2good
Occasional

Re: The Night Santa Went Crazy

Post by just2good »

Has anyone ever heard this song on a Christmas station? The more I think about it, that might have been the first time I ever heard it.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've hear it on one station around the holidays all the time.

:ttr:
And Peggy
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Is the line "he got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger" supposed to imply that Santa is a Nazi? Luger pistols are indeed old and were most notably used during the first and second World Wars by the Germans.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

JohnnyLurg wrote:Is the line "he got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger" supposed to imply that Santa is a Nazi? Luger pistols are indeed old and were most notably used during the first and second World Wars by the Germans.
I would certainly hope not. I think Al just wanted to rhyme it with "Freddy Kruger" to drive home the song's bloody massacre themes.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

JohnnyLurg wrote:Is the line "he got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger" supposed to imply that Santa is a Nazi? Luger pistols are indeed old and were most notably used during the first and second World Wars by the Germans.
I believe a lot of old Lugers also came home with GI's as war souvenirs. So there's plenty of room for debate about the provenance of that gun.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Youtube

I may be late to the game, but I just realized how similar this song is to Soul Asylum's "Black Gold"

After all, it is supposed to be a style parody of them, isn't it??
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Intro is definitely Mama I'm Coming Home but I assumed the rest of the song was all Al.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Thor

Post by Thor »

This is my favorite Christmas song. Al sure knows how to twist a subject around!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Love this song, it's so messed up. :) One of his best.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.