Hungry Fella. There Ya Go!
Smokin!
Somebody Stop Me!
P-a-r-t- Y? Because I Gotta!
drnick954
Off The Deep End

Post by drnick954 »

its loading for me.
The Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting! WHOOOOHOOO!!!
Conor
Occasional

Post by Conor »

i mean theres no bad hair day review on that page
Gravy
Do I Have Somthing In My Teeth
Hungry Fella. There Ya Go!
Smokin!
Somebody Stop Me!
P-a-r-t- Y? Because I Gotta!
Clone27
Occasional

Post by Clone27 »

OK, I guess I'll revive this one.

1. Amish Paradise - 9/10 This is one of my favorite parodies. This song was just asking for a parody,and Al did it in such a fresh way. I love it!

2. Everything You Know is Wrong - 10/10 This is a great original. Probably one of my favorites of all time.

3. Cavity Search - 8/10 A really good parody. Al nailed the experience of going to the dentist.

4. Callin' in Sick - 9/10 A really imaginative original. Great execution on an interesting idea.

5. The Alternative Polka - 9/10 Polkas are always good, but this one really good. After Polka Your Eyes Out I didn't think he could top it. He didn't, but this is still really cool.

6. Since You've Been Gone - 10/10 I really like this one! This style was just begging to made fun of. I loved this song all the way through. When I heard the last line, I loved it more.

7. Gump - 9/10 This was a really cool song to begin with, but I loved what Al did with it. This is such a great song, I think even Tom Hanks would laugh.

8. I'm So Sick of You - 5/10 I just don't really care for this one. I appreciate the humor, but I think Al has done so much better.

9. Syndicated Inc. - 7/10 This was a tough one. I love Misery and because of that, I always thought this one was cool. However, I read a lot of BTD's comments and they really make me think. No, this song is not funny like most of Al's songs are. It really is just a list of various syndicated shows set to the tune of Misery. But I always liked it for some reason. I guess, while I can see BTD's view of it, I'm just glad he parodied this song. Do I wish it had been funnier? Of course I do, but at least it had an accordion solo. Also, it is a million times better that Girls Just Want to Have Lunch, so I don't see how people can think its the worst thing Al's ever done. (BTD: I'm not dissing you, I respect your opinion. This is just mine. Peace.)

10. I Remember Larry -7/10 At first, I hated this song, or at least I didn't quite see the reason for it. But after listening to it a few times, I think its alright. I really like the twist at the end. We've all had to deal with jerks before in our lives. and I look at the last verse as kind of a way to help us deal with it. Not that any of us would go that far, but I bet a lot of us have thought about it. (albeit not seriously)

11. Phony Calls - 8/10 At first I thought that this was kind of a juvenile parody. Prank calls do not really lend to a full-length song, but Al makes it work better than anyone else could. To tell you the truth, I liked TLC, but I never really cared for Waterfalls. It was their biggest hit, though, so I guess it makes sense that Al would put his spin on it. It's catchy, and any song with The Simpsons in it can't be all that bad.

12. The Night Santa Went Crazy - 10/10 I was thrilled that Al did another Christmas song and I was not dissappointed. I didn't think he could top Christmas at Ground Zero, but this one is at least equal to it. Great song, great capper to the album

Overall, a great album. I don't think it's his best, but it's not his worst either. Somewhere in the middle. I give it a 8.5/10.
It's all about the Washingtons.
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

my top 5 favorite BHD songs are as follows....

5. Phony Calls
4. The Night Santa Went Crazy
3. The Alternative Polka
2. Gump

and number one from Bad Hair Day is.....

1. Amish Paradise
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

View My TinyFx

Yes Its true! Love it!!! I think this has to be my favorite Weird Al Yankovic Album of all time!
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

Does anyone have pictures or a link to pictures of the alternate album art? I really want to see what it looks like. Please?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

1. Amish Paradise - Funny, very awesome, but a little inflated when it comes to greatness: 9/10
2. Everything You Know Is Wrong - I LUV They Might Be Giants, so this was a real treat: 8.5/10
3. Cavity Search -Awesome parody; should've been pegged as the third retail single: 10/10
4. Callin In Sick - It's pretty good since it's a Nirvana pastiche, but all-in-all not that funny: 7/10
5. The Alternative Polka -The greatest polka medley ever created. Turned on NIN and Green Day for me: 11/10
6. Since You've Been Gone - I hate this song, mostly because I hate a capella music! 2/10
7. Gump - Really funny, plus, PUSA is a great band! 10/10
8. I'm So Sick Of You -I found no humour in this song at all: 2/10
9. Sydicated Inc. -In my opinion, one of Al's greatest parodies. Yes, yes, I know... I'm really weird: 10/10
10. I Remember Larry -It's OK. I think it was a filler song: 5/10
11. Phony Calls - Not the best parody, but certainly better then "Girls Just Want to Have Lunch" 7/10
12. The Night Santa Went Crazy - Really funny, and almost a dead-on take of "Black Gold" by Soul Asylum! Awesome song, but not the best SA 'knock-off' (:D) ("Syndicated Inc."): 9/10
L285
Die-hard Fan

Post by L285 »

I can see my opinion is going to be unpopular as this is my favourite album, but here we go

Amish Paradise - Absolutely hilarious, it's just so uneventful - 9/10
Everything You Know is Wrong - I laughed my eyes out when I first heard this one - 10/10
Cavity Search - Full of little bonuses, perfect right down to the millisecond, the Muzak styled bit at the end is great - 10/10
Callin' in Sick - Pretty much encapsulates all of Nirvana's songs, a great listen - 9/10
The Alternative Polka - One of my favourite polkas, I like most of the songs included - 8/10
Since You've Been Gone - Fantastic, but it really needed to be a tad longer - 8/10
Gump - Forrest Gump is my favourite movie and I love the original - 10/10
I'm So Sick of You - I love the chorus, the rest of the song is great too - 9/10
Syndicated Inc - Okay, I appreciate it's not a fan favourite but the original is my favourite song - 10/10
I Remember Larry - Witty and beautiful - 9/10
Phony Calls - The sound effects are great and it's a very good parody - 9/10
The Night Santa Went Crazy - An improvement on Christmas at Ground Zero - 9/10

Overall - I just can't get enough of hearing it - 9.5/10
“Since you left home on your journey, things have changed around here. For example, I don’t have as much laundry.”
mattboy115
Occasional

Post by mattboy115 »

This was the first album of his I ever heard. It was 2003. I was in 8th grade in science class. My friends were discussing this '"Weird Al" Yankovich' That's how they pronounced it. Anyway, I wanted to know what they were talking about as I'd never heard of this guy before and one of my friends let me borrow BHD. Once I heard those first angelic words of Amish Paradise I was hooked. And the rest is history. :rolleyes:
There is only one who can save us. His name is Weird. No, really, Weird is his name.