I Remember Larry

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

I always saw Larry as about like... ten...

Like, I dunno.... Denis the Menace or Spongebob to Squidward.. (wait, what am I saying? Spongebob is a MAN!!!) But, come to think of it, That makes the part about Al stuffing him in a bag even more disturbing :blink:

Another way is, it starts out Larry and Al are about ten, then as the song goes on, the characters grow up... Just thought of that!!!
Oh snap!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

This is the best eu-goog-oly there is.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
MidnightStar
Occasional

Post by MidnightStar »

I always got the impression that they were both in their 30's. The song would be a little worrysome if he was talking about taking a 10 year old in the woods and hoping the cops don't find him.... :lookaround:
Mabye thats just because I know Al's age, and so I just infer that this song is about grown-ups....
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Re: I Remember Larry

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking about for a while but finally felt compelled to register and bump this 5-year-old topic to point out a (presumably intentional?) pun that I never noticed in this song before.

Say, do you remember when I broke in Larry's house
Late at night and tied his mouth with a rag
Then I dragged him by his ankles to the middle of the forest
And stuffed him in a big plastic bag
If the cops ever find him, who knows what they'd say
But I'm sure if old Lar' were still with us today
He would have to agree with me, it was a pretty good gag!

I always thought the last line just referred to a gag as in a joke/prank, but today I realized it could also refer to the actual rag/gag in his mouth that killed him!! What a deliciously morbid song. :zipper:

I realize this joke is old enough to vote but it's funny how things can slip past you for so many years. I didn't even realize the very obvious joke in the title of "She Never Told Me She Was A Mime" until somebody pointed it out in this forum.

:imstupid:
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Ha! I never thought of the potential double meaning of "gag" there. That's a really good point.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I just got that joke for the first time a week or so ago myself, while listening to Bad Hair Day on a plane ride.
And Peggy
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Wow... I didn't realize that until it was pointed out. X*
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Haha! Good one, 1994-Al!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

So there is a secret message in this song if you play it backwards. "Wow, you must have an awful lot of free time on your hands!" This may have already been talked about, if so, I missed it. Pretty wild, that Al, this song is seriously underrated as well.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Yankomaniac wrote:So there is a secret message in this song if you play it backwards. "Wow, you must have an awful lot of free time on your hands!" This may have already been talked about, if so, I missed it. Pretty wild, that Al, this song is seriously underrated as well.
Perfect considering how there have been people back masking and burning Al's album accusing him of satanism.

This song is hilarious. Honestly I always thought the singer in the song was an adult reflecting on a kid who tormented him and how he got his revenge later on.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.