Syndicated Inc.

Moderator: Moderators

MidnightStar
Occasional

Post by MidnightStar »

I like that song.... hence the username....

more like.. Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnisota, and The Plumbing Song.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Syndicated Inc.

Post by TMBJon »

Even though I totally understand the hate, I have to say I "get" this song. It's the ultimate list song, but I can relate to its core message. Oddly, with Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, etc, it's more relevant than ever. The specific shows listed can come and go. The message stays the same. I'm in such ecstasy when I'm watchin TV. I'm a boob tube de... votee.....

And also, even the haters have to admit, this song has one of the best Weird Al accordion solos on any album, and there definitely hasn't been one like it since.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I agree with you, and I dont "hate" this song

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I don't hate this song either. I honestly prefer it over "Couch Potato." The accordion solo is absolutely awesome. I wouldn't mind if he put this in the medley--as long as he played the accordion solo.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

TMBJon wrote:Even though I totally understand the hate, I have to say I "get" this song. It's the ultimate list song, but I can relate to its core message. Oddly, with Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, etc, it's more relevant than ever. The specific shows listed can come and go. The message stays the same. I'm in such ecstasy when I'm watchin TV. I'm a boob tube de... votee.....

And also, even the haters have to admit, this song has one of the best Weird Al accordion solos on any album, and there definitely hasn't been one like it since.
I was going to post my thoughts on this song, but yours pretty much encapsulates everything I was thinking. About the only thing to add is that I really like the melody - though we have Soul Asylum, not Al, to thank for that.

And that accordion solo is awesome. Worth repeating because it's true.