Young, Dumb & Ugly

Moderator: Moderators

JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

This isnt really one of his "better" originals, it's no OMM or WBUL.

It's not bad, but i think this song is Ok :)
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I like the song, personally. I listened to it about two hours ago, and I still get a chuckle out of it. He certainly is a punk, what with returning his library books way overdue.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I love the hair band style. No hair band really has a single good enough for parody, so just doing the style of the genre was quite fulfilling.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Young, Dumb & Ugly

Post by Yankomaniac »

They blew most hair bands away with this song! Especially that guitar solo, Jim knows how to shred with the best of them. Lyrically it is the greatest way to prove how lame all the hair metal bands lyrics were anyways and make fun of them in the process while getting a good laugh out of it. It is pretty genius, one of my favorite originals but I can't say it is better than Frank's 2000" TV as far as Alapalooza goes.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Yankomaniac wrote:They blew most hair bands away with this song! Especially that guitar solo, Jim knows how to shred with the best of them. Lyrically it is the greatest way to prove how lame all the hair metal bands lyrics were anyways and make fun of them in the process while getting a good laugh out of it. It is pretty genius, one of my favorite originals but I can't say it is better than Frank's 2000" TV as far as Alapalooza goes.
Truth! It's such a badass sounding song despite all of it's self-deprecating humor! It really pumps you up! :#
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

The music reminds me of TNT by ACDC. Never cared for the lyrics.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

:vomit: in your mouth!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Found a recording of this song being performed in Toronto.
Wow, it ROCKS live! Great *actual* guitar solo by Jim too!
I may even prefer it in the lower key, although the vocals on the original version are part of what makes the song so great.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Love the solo of course, and bass lines. Do NOT like the lower key and what Al has to do with his voice, would almost rather him just sing it more clean but, he knows what he's doing. Sure it sounds a hell of a lot better when your there too.