Trigger Happy

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

josheee @ Dec 6 2005, 05:14 PM wrote: I was listening to Trigger Happy last night, and it never occured to me that it had anything BUT the Beach Boys as far as a style it was parodying.  It sounds very "Surfin Safari" to me.
There's definitely some Beach Boys in there, but it's also influenced by the other big "surf" group, Jan and Dean. It might just be a matter of opinion, but I can hear more of them than I do the Beach Boys, so go figure. :rolleyes:
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

This song reminds me of the song "Let There Be Guns" by The Arrogant Worms because they make fun of loving guns and people who think that the world would be a better place if everyone had one, by having the singer(s) pretend to think that.

Of course, Al's is much better...
And Peggy
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I was just thinking. If this song had been made as a music video, it would have been funny if Al and the band were holding and shooting guns while surfing at the beach.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

weird user @ Apr 22 2007, 11:02 PM wrote: I was just thinking. If this song had been made as a music video, it would have been funny if Al and the band were holding and shooting guns while surfing at the beach.
That would require a whole slew of talents that I'm not sure they possess... X*
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

They would be matted into a beach setting when they surf. Or mayeb they can just run around a beach and fire their guns.
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

Or have it animated. ;)
Every time I use my brain I get in trouble.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

It's really kind of a scary thought. Both Al and Steve can do that "I'm crazed" look unnervingly well.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Perhaps we should assemble a group of fans to shoot a beachfront "Trigger Happy" video like that, weird user. Lord knows anyone can buy guns here in America.
taste is only something if it is yours.
ArtVandelay
Occasional

Post by ArtVandelay »

Sadly it seems that most of America shares the thought that Weird Al parodies in this song.

Anyway, I really like this song, probably because it was the song that got me intersted in Weird Al. It reminds me of Back In The U.S.S.R and Surfin' Safari.
I bought some batteries but they weren't included, so I bought them again.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Trigger Happy is by far the best original song on the album. My personal favorite of Off the Deep End. If Smells Like Teen Spirit wasn't on the album, I'd say TH is the best overall song.

But that's just my opinion.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.