You Don't Love Me Anymore

Moderator: Moderators

WeirdAlexander
Occasional
Location: Well, to tell you the truth, I'm moving around all the time!!!

Post by WeirdAlexander »

Great video! I haven't heard Bite Me either, that was a treat...though if I wasn't paying attention i probably would have peed myself... :lol:
And now for something completely different...
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

Truly amazing Flash, gscrean. Excellent job.

back on topic:

YDLMA is my all-time favorite song. By anyone. When I was divorcing my first husband, I was very depressed, and thank goodness I had Off The Deep End to play over and over and over and over and over...it was my favorite album until SOL came out. I guess I played YDLMA quite a bit, because my daughter Angelina, who was 5 then, would walk around singing it all the time. "That time that you made it with the whole hockey team" is much funnier when a kindergartener sings it. :D

As the song meant so much to me, it really irked me that I missed the premiere of the video and hadn't seen it on MTV (they rarely played it), so I called Scotti Bros. and begged someone there to send me a promo video, which they kindly did on the condition that I not tell any....oh, forget it. I must've dreamed that part. Anyway, I sure played that tape to death. Mmmm, closeups. :9~

...so glad that vid's on the UVC DVD!

Someone here mentioned that their child was frightened by the YDLMA video. My son runs screaming from the room if he sees a second of the "Fat" video, but is not bothered at all by YDLMA. I guess to him, Fat Al is scarier than Jon on fire or Robert Goulet maimed. I worry about that boy. :unsure:

One thing that makes the song work so well is that the music is just so lovely that it contrasts with the lyrics in such a magnificently jarring way. It's the ultimate twisted love song!
Praise AL ! !
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

(Thanks for saving my life, AL!)
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

this dude is pretty good
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

He is, and not least becaus he keeps such a straight face.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

He's good at the guitar. Nice hairdo, too.
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

I was watching VH1 the other day, and it was I Love The 90's Part Duex and it had a video for some love song, and it was EXACTLY like the video for You Don't Love Me Anymore. Why did Al, or that other guy, copy the video?
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

The music video for "You Don't Love Me Anymore" is a parody of the music video for "More Than Words" by Extreme.
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

Al even said Extreme was disappointed that they couldn't be in the video when they were asked for a cameo appearance. Extreme, at the time, were making a their next album, III Sides to Every Story, way out in Florida.

But Extreme got to see an exclusive world premiere of "You Don't Love Me Anymore".
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

Ahhh, I was wondering about that.
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

someone said there's some hidden thing in the video for "you don't love me anymore", is this true?
WOWAY's resident ukulele-dijeridoo-jaw harp-accordion-keyboard-theremin playing chair made out of big eyeballs.

Shameless self-promotion:
https://deirdre-airlines.bandcamp.com/a ... al-fractal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://deirdre-airlines.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;