Airline Amy

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

Airline Amy is definitely up there on my favorites list. It's musically very colorful, and the concept is cute. I'd make a good music video out of it if I had the money to spend.
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
bkirby99

Post by bkirby99 »

Barney Slayer @ Aug 25 2007, 12:09 AM wrote: Now I think of it more as Al has just fallen in love with a stewardess and he follows her around, and she isn't even aware that she exists.
This is the way I've always interpreted the song. Love the tune, btw!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

If Al really wanted Airline Amy's attention, he could save her from whenever snakes enter the plane and attack everyone. And he should have tried to take her with him when the plane crashed on it's way to albequrque.

Oh, nevermind, Mind's ramblin' a bit...

X*
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I was surprised to see that so many people like this song. Seems like people are always criticizing it. It's not one of my favorites, but I still really enjoy it. Maybe it’s not laugh-out-loud funny but it's a fun, catchy song that always seems to put a smile on my face.

I agree with Patti about the "upright, locked position" line. It sounds like it's implying something dirty, but it really isn't when you think about it. I think it's making fun of the cheesy innuendo that is common in that kind of song.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I like Airline Amy. Good song. Not great, but good.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

I believe that this is a good song.
I believe that I'm annoyed that my copy of OTDE has some sort of static going through this song, midway. :(
Silence will fall.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

This isn't a huge favorite of mine, but I still enjoy Airline Amy a lot whenever I hear it. Such a sweet (if romantically one-sided) song, a catchy one at that, and, like many of Al's songs, a great mood-uplifter.

I love the "upright and locked position" innuendo, or lack thereof; it's one of those great phrases that sounds dirty, but isn't. Or is it? Hmmmm...

Is it a coincidence that the initials for this song (AA) are the same for American Airlines? Probably, but I just thought I'd point it out.
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

avesjohn @ Sep 12 2007, 01:35 AM wrote: I love the "upright and locked position" innuendo, or lack thereof; it's one of those great phrases that sounds dirty, but isn't. Or is it? Hmmmm...
He just wants to give her a hug while standing up.
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

U62 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:08 PM wrote: He just wants to give her a hug while standing up.
That is one man's interpretation...

It could mean anything. Never underestimate the lyrical gift of the Weird One. :P
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

avesjohn @ Sep 12 2007, 08:13 AM wrote: Never underestimate the lyrical gift of the Weird One. :P

You said it!

Oh, wait, you must have Al... :^)