The Plumbing Song

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: The Plumbing Song

Post by Yankomaniac »

Haha, song is truly funny. I don't mind it at all.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

At least its not a list song
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

minnick27 wrote:At least its not a list song
I frankly find Syndicated Inc to be much funnier and more enjoyable than The Plumbing Song.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

TMBJon wrote:
minnick27 wrote:At least its not a list song
I frankly find Syndicated Inc to be much funnier and more enjoyable than The Plumbing Song.
I thought you were leaving
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

This song is very important, I feel. Milli Vanilli were an integral part of music in 1989-1990. Yes, there was that whole lip=synching thing and not-singing stuff, but before that EVERYONE LOVED THEM. They sold millions of records. They deserved to be parodied to at least preserve their memory. :P
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I have a copy of the Girl You Know It's True album on tape. :lookaround:
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

This song is not great, but its ok.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

RyanHippFTW wrote:I have a copy of the Girl You Know It's True album on tape. :lookaround:
That. Is. AWESOME!!!!
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Much like Politicians caught in a scandal, Milli Vailli wasn't doing anything in 1990 that anyone else wasn't doing and still isn't doing today, they were just the only ones to get caught and have it get blown out of proportion. Girl You Know It's True is not a bad album as a whole. The title track is wretched, but the rest of the album is catchy and innocuous. Milli Vanilli was essentially the beginning of the modern trend in music where style and marketing take precedence over substance. Miley Cyrus sells millions and can't sing a note, and nearly everyone in the industry now is using autotune even if just to improve their vocals just slightly, so in reality we should praise Rob and Fab for being pioneers in the music business, not frauds.

But to get back on track, I like this song. It's clever and amusing, but was unfortunately very dated by the time it came out.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

^I agree. They were really jerked around by their manager... Although they weren't singing at all, which is kinda lame, but the songs (I won't lie) are very, very well written. ;)

That's why I'm glad Al did this parody. Even though there was that huge scandal, Milli Vanilli, even for a short period of time, were the BIGGEST thing in music. They even won a Grammy (although it was revoked) in 1990 (I think) for best new artist.

This made me wonder... Since Al was looking for the "big thing" in music, I wonder if Milli Vanilli had crossed his mind. Al record this parody in Dec. of 1990, and the scandal broke in late 1990. I've always wondered if, when Al was writing the parody, he thought it might be his new big comeback hit. Thank God that didn't happen...