Bite Me

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: BITE ME!

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, last night I played the CD and I noticed the time of the album was about 41:25. This made me happy since Wikipedia said that was about the length of the album "including Bite Me" (I assumed that meant they were also counting the ten minute silence leading up to it.) Anyway, at the very end of the disc...

I heard my CD player audibly stop the CD right after "You Don't Love Me Anymore"...I checked Wikipedia again and noticed that the actual length of the album (including Bite me) was 41:32. Not too far off...

Oh well, at least I can say I now own every studio album and have them all ripped to my mp3 player (I should be getting an iPod touch very soon) even though it is quite clear to me know that I didn't get an "early" Volcano pressing of this particular album...why would ten minutes of silence as an elaborate practical joke count towards the length of any album anyway, that would be stupid...just forget I ever brought it up...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go utter some of the loudest profanitites anyone has ever heard...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

That would actually sound a lot like Bite Me.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Casey, I will personally email you a 192kbps mp3 of "Bite Me" if you publicly make the Unbreakable Vow that you will never interrupt the WOWAY Awards ever again. Deal?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

FredHuggins wrote:Casey, I will personally email you a 192kbps mp3 of "Bite Me" if you publicly make the Unbreakable Vow that you will never interrupt the WOWAY Awards ever again. Deal?
Have you ever heard of "That Comic Book Man" from The Simspons?

"Worst. Post. Ever." (meant to be read in a nerdy voice)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

FINALLY, someone's honest with me! I was worried I was dying or something...
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

I have the CD, but I never thought of checking for the bite me thing.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

FredHuggins wrote:Casey, I will personally email you a 192kbps mp3 of "Bite Me" if you publicly make the Unbreakable Vow that you will never interrupt the WOWAY Awards ever again. Deal?
Deal.

I vow to never interrupt your presetnations at any future WOWAY awards ceremony.

Oh, and before I forget...I actually found an mp3 of Nirvana's "Endless, Nameless" somewhere...obvioulsy, it's not a good idea to say where on this forum...all i can say is do a search somewhere and you're guaranteed to find it...also, if I didn't mention it in a previous post in this thread, ioffer.com would probably be a good place to search for used copies of AL's albums...
TMBJon wrote:Have you ever heard of "That Comic Book Man" from The Simspons?
actually I think it's just "Comic Book Guy" and I think they revealed his "real name" to be Jeff Albertson, but yes, I've heard of him. In fact, I'm pretty sure he and I co-presented the "Best Fan Parodies" category to Jace at the last WOWAY awards, IIRC.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote: [meant to be read in a caseyk27 voice]
Worst. Voice. Ever. [meant to be read in a TMBJon or possibly a Fred Huggins/Tony Goldmark voice]

...also, now at least I can say I have "Bite Me" on my mp3 player...thanks again, Tony Fred!...oops, I mean Tony!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, recently someone who shall remain nameless offered to sell me a Peter and The Wolf cassette with a copy of OTDE that was SIGNED BY AL!!!! I got both of them in the mail today and lo and behold...I noticed in addition to the signature of the Weird one himself there was a SCOTTI BROS. LOGO!!!!

Yes, ladies and gentelman...I now have "Bite Me" on my mp3 player AND on a physical CD!!!!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Casey Killingsworth wrote:Well, recently someone who shall remain nameless offered to sell me a Peter and The Wolf cassette with a copy of OTDE that was SIGNED BY AL!!!! I got both of them in the mail today and lo and behold...I noticed in addition to the signature of the Weird one himself there was a SCOTTI BROS. LOGO!!!!

Yes, ladies and gentelman...I now have "Bite Me" on my mp3 player AND on a physical CD!!!!
That's pretty cool.