Spatula City

Moderator: Moderators

UnclePeJa

Post by UnclePeJa »

Yes, I was a fan of his before then. In my senior year of high school (1980) me and some friends of mine did a parody of Al's parody of MY BOLOGNA that we called MY GARBAGE. (it was for a concert in school for earth day). We even had a guy who played the acordian :ph34r: .

I have Al's first 3 albums on the original compact discs (known as LP's in my day, you know, big black and with 1 very long groove.)
running with Dutch windmills
Off The Deep End

Post by running with Dutch windmills »

UnclePeJa @ Apr 3 2004, 05:13 AM wrote: I have Al's first 3 albums on the original compact discs (known as LP's in my day, you know, big black and ....with 1 very long groove.)
Were the albums just one sided. :oo :F with nothing on the backside. :rolleyes:
Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
YoungWriter
Occasional

Post by YoungWriter »

nm
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

running with Dutch windmills @ Apr 2 2004, 11:37 PM wrote:
UnclePeJa @ Apr 3 2004, 05:13 AM wrote: I have Al's first 3 albums on the original compact discs (known as LP's in my day, you know, big black and ....with 1 very long groove.)
Were the albums just one sided. :oo :F with nothing on the backside. :rolleyes:
A lot of the time LP records were double sided (except for Eminem's...sorry, Eminem joke)

The reason they can't do this with CDs is because they have a picture on one side and that wouldn't work. It's the same kind of idea as the UHF DVD.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

iisryan27 @ Apr 3 2004, 11:40 AM wrote: The reason they can't do this with CDs is because they have a picture on one side and that wouldn't work. It's the same kind of idea as the UHF DVD.
They could do it with CD's, but I don't think they've found a reason to. With DVD's, it's different because they want to offer both a widescreen and a fullscreen version, though many DVD's now offer both on the same side. I guess if they're were two different kinds of CD, or they wanted to make it double-sided instead of making something a two disc set, they could.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Deliriously Dedicated

They put pictures on both sides of the Like a Surgeon CD single, how did they do that?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Kevbo1987 @ Apr 3 2004, 05:46 PM wrote: I guess if they're were two different kinds of CD, or they wanted to make it double-sided instead of making something a two disc set, they could.
While they could, a two sided CD would be difficult to handle, unless it stayed in the player 24/7 and was never taken out. Fingerprints would accumulate in a lot of different places (my copy of PP has had fingerprints on the "art" side), and it's possible one side or both could get scratched.

They put pictures on both sides of the Like a Surgeon CD single, how did they do that?

I'm not sure. It would be hard to play, however.

Yes, I was a fan of his before then. In my senior year of high school (1980) me and some friends of mine did a parody of Al's parody of MY BOLOGNA that we called MY GARBAGE.

Wow, you've been a fan for over 20 years! I imagine you must have some other interesting things to say about Al.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You mean having the UHF DVD in your DVD player 24/7 is a problem? Well, I guess it could be... where would I keep my WAYLive?

Topic? How many Spatulas does everyone have ? (don't count the ones in the kitchen that you actually use) Spatula themed accessories (earrings etc) count.
Deliriously Dedicated

I replaced my left arm with a spatula if that counts for anything.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Only if you don't use it in the kitchen.

I only have one Fan Spatula. It was given to me for Christmas, of course.