Hot Rocks Polka

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Hot Rocks Polka

Post by anthontherun »

Agreed. I mean, I can't fault him because he probably didn't even think he'd still have a recording career five years later, let alone that the polkas would be become a "thing," but knowing that there'd be an all-Stones polka four albums later, JJF feels ineffective in PO45.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

anthontherun wrote:Agreed. I mean, I can't fault him because he probably didn't even think he'd still have a recording career five years later, let alone that the polkas would be become a "thing," but knowing that there'd be an all-Stones polka four albums later, JJF feels ineffective in PO45.
Also "The Harlem Shuffle" is in "Polka Party!"
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

This used to be my least favorite polka (Rolling Stones is before my era), but recently I have been listening to it a lot, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites! It's the most different of the traditional polkas as it is extremely fast and upbeat!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I love this one, especially how he says "HEY! YOU!" at that song. I've noticed he used a lot of Rolling Stones songs in this one. I wonder what it would be like if he used "Paint it Black" in it or did a parody of the song. :P
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

LaikaComeHome wrote:I wonder what it would be like if he used "Paint it Black" in it or did a parody of the song. :P
It'd probably sound like Paint It Black, but with more of a polka twist to it.
And Peggy
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

If he did a parody of it, it would sound the same but with different lyrics.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Mystik Tomato wrote:If he did a parody of it, it would sound the same but with different lyrics.
Wrong. He parodied "Paint it, Black" on Off the Deep End, and it actually sounded more like a Nirvana song.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I've noticed a lot of similarities between this and The Hamilton Polka. Some glaringly obvious, others not so much. Hell, the endings to these two polkaseparate are near identical! It makes me wonder if this is the OTHER polka that Al purposely arranged to be too complicated to play live. I can see Al doing that here simply because he knew he would be promoting UHF the film through interviews and press junkets rather than a concert tour for the soundtrack and he knew the next time he went on tour it would be for a different, newer album that he would create a newer, more current polka medley for that would play better to a live audience.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...