2 questions about Even Worse

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Ah. I stand corrected.

Don't feel bad; for Dave to gainsay you is an honor. :)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

gainsay

:huh:
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

There OE goes again.... :P .."gainsay"...

I suppose you're right about the accordian issue...it does make sense...but there can never be too much AL-cordian on an ALbum in my Al-pinion (ok, it's getting ridiculous now!)...

Al, you owe the WOWAY members (and the rest of your internet-deprived fans) a Polka. Scotti, what a brilliant idea...ok, you and mewrio can SPLIT the royalties...;)

ttyl all!

~*Cat*~

I'd love to see Al's wedding..I think I'd cry though...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I suppose you're right about the accordian issue...it does make sense...but there can never be too much AL-cordian on an ALbum in my Al-pinion

I think what happened, was after the debut album, Al realized he could be very successful, but he also decided that he needed to make his parodies sound as close to the originals as possible for added affect. He probably dropped the accordian from the originals because he wanted to be able to hit more GENDERS of music that don't include accordians (hence the regge, B52s, and rock songs on In 3-D).

Then, he probably decided to include a polka medley on each album in order to be able to use his accordian on at least one song per album. When Even Worse came around, and he used accordian on Lasagna, he felt he didn't need a polka because he already had an accordian song.

It wasn't until the Internet and the Midnight Star came around when Al realized that his fans actually really enjoyed his accordian fuled songs of his early days. It was then (mid-nineties), that we started to see songs with accordian music, other than the polkas. He gave us accordian on Headline News, EYKIW, Syndicated Inc., and MBILWEV.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Very insightful Bruce...when he began taking accordian, I don't think he ever thought it would come this far...he's set standards and created a legacy in my opinion...sure, there have been other parody artists...but how many of them can claim the accordian is their main "axe"? He's very talented, and he has shown us to "polka"...I never really thought polka was cool...'til there was Al!

ttyl all!

~*Cat*~
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Feeeeeeeeeeelings, wo, wo, wo, feelings! polkafied, and in Al's most annoying cartoon falsetto, would be a hoot. This is a project Al really needs to do.

It really stinks sometimes that he can't take ideas from others, even though I of course understand why. That would be hilarious!
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Can we build a huge polka statue army in Al's image? We can make it out of old clay!

Must... build... polka empire!

-ThewEiRdOne27... slightly insane. :biggrin:
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I would think the more appropriate medium is cheez whiz.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Gainsay- To contradict somebody or something.

Trying to fool my Encarta Dictionary, OE? I don't think so! :P
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

I would think the more appropriate medium is cheez whiz.

Or a big boogie... or Hitler's brain... or liquid paper... or Eminem's hair dye...